Minnesota Under Attack From Sharia Law

13 Apr 2011 12:53 #11 by Kate

outdoor338 wrote: do a goggle search, I'm sure you have time...funny you don't watch video's, but yet..probably watched some liberal obama channel for your fix of liberalism of the day...

Interesting how you've now put me in a liberal box. Is it because I choose to not receive information from an obviously biased cable channel, or is it because I won't submit to your world view?

I did do a google search and all that came up in the first four pages were right wing sites and blogs. Nothing shows up for main stream news sites. Perhaps you could help me out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2011 13:05 #12 by bailey bud
Welcome to reality, Kate ---

It's a bunch of clanging political gongs trying to stir things up in a state that doesn't take kindly to stirring.

Neither the Star Tribune nor the Pioneer Press have much negative to say on the topic.

13 Apr 2011 13:13 #13 by Kate
Tell me, Outdoor338, what evidence do you have that Sharia law is coming to the United States? Last I knew, the US Constitution did not allow the establishment of religion. I believe that any attempt to implement Sharia law would be struck down by US courts.

13 Apr 2011 13:26 #14 by bailey bud
Sharia communities aren't that different than - say "Promise keepers."

A group of people agree to live under certain tenants, and do so - often with pressure from peers.

There's plenty of evidence this is happening:

a) Sharia compliant finance is already an option in the USA (and in fact, out-performs more speculative equity-based funds).

b) Not long ago, two Muslims agreed to resolve a dispute out-of-court using Sharia principles - and the judge agreed that would be a good idea.

Elements of Sharia are appearing in America. I don't think it's surprising or horrifying.

To re-iterate what I said before - the presence of Sharia is nowhere near the "threat" that nay-sayers say it is. I don't think you could have a community where people "observe" Sharia - and force others to observe it, as well.

13 Apr 2011 15:37 #15 by outdoor338
Check out dearborn Michigan and sharia law..other cities are checking it out as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppTo-TTt ... re=related

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds