inflation

13 Apr 2011 17:30 #1 by Blazer Bob
inflation was created by Blazer Bob
http://systematicrelativestrength.com/2 ... he-future/

Some may look at the government statistics today and argue that inflation is not currently an issue. However, it is well documented that the United States government has revised its method of calculating inflation several times over the years, which has had the effect of understating inflation. According to Shadow Stats, if the government measured inflation on its pre-1982 methods, it would be running at 11.6% percent right now, or 7.3% using the pre-1998 calculations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2011 17:40 #2 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic inflation
My wallet says there's iniflation - the government must not be shopping at the same grocery store that I shop at.......

13 Apr 2011 17:54 #3 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic inflation
My wallet says the same think. My government COLA disagrees.

13 Apr 2011 18:21 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic inflation
The government will try to find a way to keep inflation a secret as long as possible....too bad for them 2012 is still a long way off.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Apr 2011 18:34 #5 by daisypusher
Replied by daisypusher on topic inflation
The government must never admit it. If they do, then there will be political pressure to increase interest rates. As soon as there is any significant increase in interest rates the financial crisis will come to a head. The strain of the increased cost of government borrowing will bring our financial house of cards down.

13 Apr 2011 19:11 #6 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic inflation
Yeah, just calculate a future 20 Trillion in debt times 4-5% interest rates that the gov't should be paying and see what happens. ($1 Trilllllion Interest payment). That is half of this years revenues.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

13 Apr 2011 19:25 #7 by Surveyor
Replied by Surveyor on topic inflation
Just driving by a gas station these days makes it impossible the keep the dirty secret. If Uncle Sam wants to hush up inflation, he should have found a way to keep the wild escalation of gas prices in check. Bet those companies are the ones with the tail wind...

13 Apr 2011 19:42 #8 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic inflation

Of course there's inflation. It will soon be hyperinflation. This could be a good thing for home values and especially for people who are not very far into the payoff of their mortgage. It will also be extremely painful for the poor and needy.

13 Apr 2011 19:49 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic inflation
I found one place where there has been little inflation, the value of your home, it seems to keep falling.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Apr 2011 20:30 #10 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic inflation
That's true because of the bubble in price that was already built in. It had to go down but mark my word, housing prices will skyrocket along with everything else within the next five to ten years.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds