25,000 out of 70,000 Illinois State Employees are on Workers

14 Apr 2011 10:27 #1 by Blazer Bob
......................"Apparently federal investigators have questions, too, as they've launched a criminal probe following reports by the Belleville News-Democrat of alleged abuses of the system at Menard Correctional Center in Chester, where more than half the staff - 389 people, most of them prison guards and including the warden - have been paid some $10 million for on-the-job injuries such as those occasioned by locking and unlocking cell doors. (Yes, you read that correctly.)

Meanwhile, a quarter of the 32 arbitrators who decide injury claims for others have filed claims themselves, reported the paper."

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot. ... state.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2011 10:36 #2 by LadyJazzer
After 13 pages of Google hits, I can't find anything but conservative blogs as the source for this story... Do you have a REAL source, other than the usual conservative outrage-of-the-day sources?

14 Apr 2011 10:38 #3 by daisypusher
So the real question is whether there is a problem with the conservative blogs or whether there is a problem with "the real" sources............

14 Apr 2011 10:51 #4 by LadyJazzer
Since there are apparently no sources other than the conservative blogs, I guess it's a moot point...

Nothing to see here...Move along....

14 Apr 2011 11:26 #5 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: Since there are apparently no sources other than the conservative blogs, I guess it's a moot point...

Nothing to see here...Move along....

Chicago Sun-times?
http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/460 ... laims.html

Insurance news net, from McClatchy-Tribune Information Services ?
http://insurancenewsnet.com/article.aspx?id=254463

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

14 Apr 2011 11:30 #6 by LadyJazzer
Good links... Thank you... I couldn't find anything to back it up... (Not that I doubted that there is WC fraud in EVERY state...But those are some pretty scary numbers, and I just wanted to see where they came from...)

Thanks....

14 Apr 2011 11:35 #7 by daisypusher
And THIS is why the "real" news can mislead people by bias or non-reporting. That trust is truly unfounded. Can you hear the surprise in *MY* voice. lol

14 Apr 2011 11:36 #8 by LadyJazzer
Can't take "Thank you" as an answer, huh?

14 Apr 2011 11:39 #9 by Nobody that matters
I think it was probably in the more mainstream press, but it was around the beginning of April... Looks like the right wing just picked up on it later.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

14 Apr 2011 11:43 #10 by daisypusher
Non sequitur. Your response of "Thank you" is unrelated to noting how news can be processed.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds