Purple Heart's Final Beat - video

16 Apr 2011 12:17 #1 by daisypusher
This is a very poignant video of what some soldiers/men face. If you need to stop watching the video, at least move to the end to view the reported statistics.

[youtube:241wwxxi]
[/youtube:241wwxxi]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2011 20:41 #2 by navycpo7
daisypusher, thank you for posting this. This is so true it is almost unbelieveable to alot of folks. It hits way to close to home also. My son is right now doing pre deployment work ups for another deployment to Afganistan. He like both his grandfather, 30 year Army Vietnam Veteran and myself 20 year, Persian Gulf/Bosnia Veteran, has been diagnosed with PTSD. He takes the Meds. He was married before his second deployment, and upon return within 6 months is now in divorce preceedings. I talk with him almost daily. It is not easy. I also am divorced. As my ex told me, I was never the same coming home. This is why I am a huge advocate for Veterans. Again Thank You.

17 Apr 2011 23:45 #3 by daisypusher
You are welcome. I am glad someone appreciates it. I started to think it fell on deaf ears. Here is another very recent tragedy:

WASHINGTON - Handsome and friendly, Clay Hunt so epitomized a vibrant Iraq veteran that he was chosen for a public service announcement reminding other vets that they aren't alone.

The 28-year-old former Marine corporal earned a Purple Heart after taking a sniper's bullet in his left wrist. He returned to combat in Afghanistan. Upon his return home, he lobbied for veterans on Capitol Hill, road-biked with wounded veterans and performed humanitarian work in Haiti and Chile.

On March 31, Hunt locked himself in his Houston apartment and shot himself.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/apr/16/PT2OBITO1-veterans-advocate-commits-suicide/news-nationworld/

Men are killing themselves off while Rome has slut walks. That damn insensitive policeman.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds