Just a thought....

22 Apr 2011 18:47 #1 by Rick
Just a thought.... was created by Rick
I have a buddy who is pretty well off but is in the building supply business and he's been going steadily down hill. He also spends like Paris Hilton on crack which is accelerating the problem. Over the last couple years he's been trying to convince me that Dec 21 2012 is really the end...and he seems pretty serious although I guess there is a chance he's pulling my chain.

Anyway, I've been wondering how many people out there have been using the "end of times" as an excuse for spending in excess of their pocketbooks? After all, who wants to die with big fat bank account without being able to enjoy the fruits of their labor? Maybe this date had some role in the financial problems of doomsdayers around the world....

And when that date comes and goes and we see nothing but a beautiful sunrise the next day, I wonder what the stock market will do?

Just a thought.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2011 21:12 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic Just a thought....
I see a change in the world, I ain't spending for the end but my family and I are prepared.
maybe a finacial crisis, food shortage fuel, etc.
If anything else happens globally,,,, BEER lawn chair wait on the Mother Ship and see if you are chosen.

22 Apr 2011 22:00 #3 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic Just a thought....
Remember tne millenium? For some odd reason there are always folk longing for the end of the world. Perhaps they have made a mess oftheir lives and are hoping for a reboot?

23 Apr 2011 05:32 #4 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic Just a thought....
Possibly your buddy is just basically caught up in the Depression II up here and sees he will fail soon. The spending is a way to hasten the failure he knows is imminent. 2012 like a lot of other idiot end of world farces will pass as we all know. My condolences to the poor fool.

NOW - what can the community do to revitalize the area ?? Lemonaid out of lemons.......!!!!!

23 Apr 2011 07:16 #5 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Just a thought....
People focus on different things. Many are sure the biggest threat is global warming/climate change. Some see the worldwide economic collapse as a much more emminent threat. As stated by Martin Ent. above, being more prepared is simply smart no matter whats coming.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

23 Apr 2011 07:46 #6 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Just a thought....
I think I'm going to book a Hawaii vacation for December 22, 2012... Rooms should be cheap, and nothing will be happening anyway...

23 Apr 2011 11:23 #7 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Just a thought....
Kenya would be a better destination for 'ya. Visit the shrine of the birth of your savior, and all that.

Regards,
Major Bean

23 Apr 2011 13:49 #8 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Just a thought....
If it were true...

Alas...

But you keep dreaming...

I just love right-wing stupidity...I could sit and watch it for hours.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds