Authorities raid Sizzler restaurants in Phoenix

16 Jun 2010 15:39 #11 by 2wlady
Yes, it is about ROI. Why do you think they don't go after people with little bits of marijuana so much anymore?

If some street person is killed and they don't get results in a few days, they move on.

The city councils are always looking at the numbers of cases resolved against the open cases. That's what determines where the money is spent.

I will try to get information as to why it took an entire year to nab 23 people.

I'm not against arresting illegals and their employers, but I don't understand this time frame for so few people. That's not even 2 a month.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2010 14:12 #12 by Residenttroll returns

Wayne Harrison wrote: PHOENIX – Sheriff's deputies raided two Sizzler steak house restaurants in Phoenix on Saturday, arresting nine employees who are suspected of being illegal immigrants and using fraudulent documents to get jobs.

The raids were part of a yearlong investigation into whether the operators of the two Sizzler locations broke a civil law by knowingly hiring illegal immigrants, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Lt. Brian Lee said in a statement.

Deputies were looking for 23 suspects wanted for identity theft, Lee said. Authorities believe one of the suspects was deported three times and has been hired back by Sizzler each time he returned.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100613/ap_ ... pM4GxzfNdF

This is great news!

17 Jun 2010 16:22 #13 by Grady
The likely reason it took so long was to be able to establish a pattern of hiring illegals, to be able fully prosecute the owners and managers of the restaurants. If owners and managers of business who hire illegals are being prosecuted and sent to jail, those same owners and managers will stop hiring illegals. Stop the jobs, you’ll stop some of the flow of illegals across our borders. The rounding up of bus loads of illegals now days is really nothing, more than Kabuki theater.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds