The Ryan Plan goes down in flames

25 Apr 2011 16:44 #1 by UNDER MODERATION
The Ryan Plan goes down in flames was created by UNDER MODERATION
The Ryan Plan to abolish social security and medicare has crashed, now it's gonna start burning when Republicans are forced to vote on something that has a 99% disaproval rating amongst Americans- Looks like the Republican party is crashing and burning under the weight of the Tea Baggers and thier idiotic ideas..

"Take healthcare away from poor old people in order to give more tax breaks to corporations and rich people?"

Nice try republicans, America is dumb, but we arent that dumb..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2011 18:24 #2 by kresspin
I'm getting a kick out of the "Ryancare vs Obamacare" blog posts....

25 Apr 2011 18:51 #3 by outdoor338
:Snooze :Snooze

25 Apr 2011 19:04 #4 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic The Ryan Plan goes down in flames

kresspin wrote: I'm getting a kick out of the "Ryancare vs Obamacare" blog posts....

ha ha ha- thats sound good. Are these rebulicans idiots or what? I can't wait to hear their next big plan

25 Apr 2011 19:30 #5 by pineinthegrass
So I guess the Democrat's plan to save Social Security and Medicare is a lot better?

I just can't seem to find one.

25 Apr 2011 19:33 #6 by kresspin

outdoor338 wrote: :Snooze : :Snooze

You don't have to tell us. We already know you're asleep at the wheel.

25 Apr 2011 19:35 #7 by UNDER MODERATION

pineinthegrass wrote: So I guess the Democrat's plan to save Social Security and Medicare is a lot better?

Real Simple:

Cut the defense budget (who are we afraid of again?) and go back to the Ronald Reagan tax rates.

25 Apr 2011 19:40 #8 by UNDER MODERATION

pineinthegrass wrote: So I guess the Democrat's plan to save Social Security and Medicare is a lot better?

Wait, that was a plan to save Social Security and medicare? Eliminate it? Maybe you're that stupid but thank god most Amrericans aren't.

25 Apr 2011 20:35 #9 by pineinthegrass

Vice Lord wrote:

Real Simple:

Cut the defense budget (who are we afraid of again?) and go back to the Ronald Reagan tax rates.

Hey, I haven't seen that as the Democrat's plan. Where did you pull that from (I can guess)? Any specifics on how much you'll cut the defense budget? Medicare is getting in such bad shape that I'm not sure even a 50% cut in the defense budget could keep Medicare as it is. And I don't mind cutting the defense budget, but I think more has to be done.

At least Ryan proposed something, and the Democrat's haven't. I've posted before that I don't care for his voucher system with private insurance, and would prefer to keep our present government system. But the dirty secret is that Medicare will need major changes to keep it viable. The population keeps getting older, and the current system will no longer work without significant changes. And no, the Ryan plan does not eliminate Medicare, that's just a talking point on your part. It does reduce benefits, though.

Back in the 1980's when Social Security was running out of funds, even Reagan agreed to fix it with a combination of tax increases and reduced benefits. The Democrats will need to show some courage and admit that benefits will need to be reduced. It can probably be done with with the addition of means testing, asking those with high income to pay higher premiums, but we'll see what happens once the two parties actually have a serious discussion.

25 Apr 2011 21:12 #10 by chickaree
Raise the cap on social security, raise the retirment age. It ain't rocket science if you remove the various political agenda.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds