The Ryan Plan goes down in flames

25 Apr 2011 21:26 #11 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic The Ryan Plan goes down in flames

pineinthegrass wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote: . And I don't mind cutting the defense budget, but I think more has to be done.

Yeah, like I said-we gotta raise taxes- Just like they were back in 1985.

As for the rest of your post-You just regergitate what you hear don't you?..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2011 22:24 #12 by pineinthegrass

Vice Lord wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote: . And I don't mind cutting the defense budget, but I think more has to be done.

First, I'm not regergitating. This is my own research. It's you that just regergitate with no specifics.

I'll just say that the Reagan tax rates (brackets) were put in place in 1986 and set the top tax rate at 28%, and the lowest at 15%. Now we have the top rate at 35%, and the lowest at 10%. So when you say to go back to the Reagan tax rates you are proposing cutting the tax for the richest from 35% to 28%, and raising the tax for the lowest earners from 10% to 15%. Very smart!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Reform_Act_of_1986

But the bottom line is the federal tax system is so complicated that you can't just look at tax brackets. You have to look at the actual effective tax paid, after all deductions, exemptions, credits, capitol gains rates, and loopholes.

In 1985 and 1986 the total effective federal tax rate was at 20.9% on average for all tax payers.

In 2007, it was at 20.4%. I can get more recent data, but it hasn't changed much since then. Effective individual tax rate went from about 10.3% to 9.3%.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=456

So less than a one percent change in federal taxes will save Medicare?

Keep up with your talking points...

26 Apr 2011 04:59 #13 by Nobody that matters
Poor VL's head is gonna explode from trying to push facts into his opinion filled head...

Kinda like matter and anti-matter.

BOOM!

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

26 Apr 2011 12:35 #14 by UNDER MODERATION

pineinthegrass wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

First, I'm not regergitating. This is my own research. It's you that just regergitate with no specifics.

I'll just say that the Reagan tax rates (brackets) were put in place in 1986 and set the top tax rate at 28%, and the lowest at 15%. Now we have the top rate at 35%, and the lowest at 10%. So when you say to go back to the Reagan tax rates you are proposing cutting the tax for the richest from 35% to 28%, and raising the tax for the lowest earners from 10% to 15%. Very smart!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Reform_Act_of_1986

But the bottom line is the federal tax system is so complicated that you can't just look at tax brackets. You have to look at the actual effective tax paid, after all deductions, exemptions, credits, capitol gains rates, and loopholes.

In 1985 and 1986 the total effective federal tax rate was at 20.9% on average for all tax payers.

In 2007, it was at 20.4%. I can get more recent data, but it hasn't changed much since then. Effective individual tax rate went from about 10.3% to 9.3%.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=456

So less than a one percent change in federal taxes will save Medicare?

Keep up with your talking points...

I specifically wrote 1985

26 Apr 2011 15:57 #15 by FredHayek
Ryan's plan isn't dead yet. But it will be on life support until the GOP takes back the Senate and the White House.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Apr 2011 16:01 #16 by LadyJazzer
And that bozo, Coffman voted for it... I'm sure that will be remembered in 2012.....

26 Apr 2011 16:08 #17 by outdoor338
and voted in again..

26 Apr 2011 17:35 #18 by UNDER MODERATION

SS109 wrote: Ryan's plan isn't dead yet. But it will be on life support until the GOP takes back the Senate and the White House.

Yeah...And I still have a chance at winning the Powerball this week...You want it to go through? Why?

wtf?

Please tell me your not that stupid, please, cause if you really like it- I don't want to waste my time in this cess pool of humanity

26 Apr 2011 17:52 #19 by UNDER MODERATION

outdoor338 wrote: and voted in again..

Listen, My father was an 777 captain- His last 10 years he made about 300k a year and my dad saved every dime he ever made over a 30 year career..He's an incredible miser. He and my mom (still married) are 75 years old now and if it wasn't for medicare he'd be blind and flat broke. My mom had cancer twice, and like all old people they both had/have a host of other problems in the last 5 years..Youre telling me a low rent like you would rather have a $15,000 voucher to try to go out and hope to get insurance from a private insurance carrier (like they're gonna sell you a policy) with it when youre 75?.....What are you retards gonna come up with next? Lets just euthanize people when they can no longer work because they are such a burden to commerce and a drag on the economy..

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds