U.N.-Syria to Join Human Rights Council- WHAT????

26 Apr 2011 15:48 #1 by Nmysys
Despite Reports of Brutality Toward Civilians, Syria to Join U.N.'s Human Rights Council

By Ben Evansky

Published April 26, 2011

| FoxNews.com

The brutal crackdown by Syrian President Bashar Assad may finally be getting the attention of world leaders -- but apparently not enough to stop Syria from becoming the newest member of the U.N. Human Rights Council.

And despite calling for an independent investigation into the crackdown, which has left hundreds dead, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon apparently won’t do much about blocking Syria’s path to the human rights group.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04/26/human-rights-abuser-syria-set-join-uns-human-rights-council/#ixzz1KfUWIB4T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2011 16:10 #2 by Pony Soldier
The U.N. has been worse than a bad joke for years. It's course has run - time to get out.

26 Apr 2011 16:21 #3 by Nmysys
It's about time that you and I agree on something.

26 Apr 2011 16:28 #4 by Pony Soldier
^5 - We probably agree on quite a few things. My arms are just a bit shorter than yours...

26 Apr 2011 16:47 #5 by Rick
That's the worthless UN for ya, we need to tear that building down and turn it ito a park which would be way more valuable.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Apr 2011 17:16 #6 by Nmysys
What is interesting to me is that no one here defends the U.N. but Obama seems to want to please them so much. They want to fashion this country after the European Nations that in the U.N. even stand against us.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds