WELFARE RECIPENTS TAKING LOTS OF VACATIONS ON TAXPAYER MONEY

28 Apr 2011 06:06 #1 by navycpo7
http://videos2view.net/welfare-vacations.htm

This is not about a political party, this is about welfare folks taking our money and blowing it, can all of you that work do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Apr 2011 06:30 #2 by TPP

28 Apr 2011 07:05 #3 by Rick
Well it really is no surprise that California seems to always be the state that throws away the most taxpayer dollars since they have a 19 billion dollar deficit even though they should have the most thriving economy in the US. The scary part is that the US government probably has the same problem but we just don't know about it (at least the scope of it). Bureaucrats both state and federal never seem to be able to control these massive social programs....it's like putting a blind guy in charge of theft prevention at a Super Walmart.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Apr 2011 07:28 #4 by Pony Soldier
Fraud will almost always occur with these types of programs. I don't have any ideas on how to completely eliminate it without drastically changing the program which neither party has the intestinal fortitude to do. I personally am much more concerned with the CEO's of the large banks, AIG, and so forth taking the equivalent of a million of those vacations each of our money.

28 Apr 2011 07:56 #5 by Local_Historian
As long as you realize that some fraud does not mean that everyone on welfare is a fraud, then I'm cool with that.

It's an old story, actually - and yes, those folks perpetrating fraud should be kicked off the system, because they are screwing it up for the folks who really seriously need it.

28 Apr 2011 08:33 #6 by navycpo7

Local_Historian wrote: As long as you realize that some fraud does not mean that everyone on welfare is a fraud, then I'm cool with that.

It's an old story, actually - and yes, those folks perpetrating fraud should be kicked off the system, because they are screwing it up for the folks who really seriously need it.

I would be willing to bet it is a small number that is doing it. Not all are bad, though the way the story made it sound it was. Common sense plays into this.

28 Apr 2011 08:37 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
Even da po foke's need a rest from all that welfare stuff.

28 Apr 2011 09:00 #8 by OmniScience
Another example of why big government doesn't work. The welfare program became a huge monster that it was never intended to be, so it's fertile ground for fraud and corruption that will probably never be monitored and regulated as it should. More waste. Big government and corruption is as inevitable as night following day.

Towermonkey- Don't blame the Wall Streeters for their vacations. Our government gave them the bailout money with no requirements on how the funds should be allocated. What do you expect?

It still blows me away that our elected officials would pass legislation of that magnitude without any stipulations regarding how our money was spent, and then have President Obama and Pelosi come out and complain about them (AIG ,etc) getting huge bonuses. What did they expect?

29 Apr 2011 05:58 #9 by TPP
They still using the credit card for booze, & strip clubs?

29 Apr 2011 08:39 #10 by Soulshiner

TPP wrote: They still using the credit card for booze, & strip clubs?

They? You mean the Republican Party?

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/politics ... 80467.html

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds