What would President McCain have done?

02 May 2011 11:52 #1 by Soulshiner
In July 2008, CNN's Larry King interviewed then-presidential candidate John McCain. The host asked the Republican senator, "If you were president and knew that bin Laden was in Pakistan, you know where, would you have U.S. forces go in after him?"

McCain said he would not.

"Larry, I'm not going to go there and here's why: because Pakistan is a sovereign nation."

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2011 11:58 #2 by TPP
hmmmm, love it when RINO, throw the lefts word right back at them because that's what they want to hear.

I believe the left was screaming that Iraq was a "sovereign nation", after everybody but one dem. voted to go into that war.

02 May 2011 12:02 #3 by Rick
What idiot would be dumb enough to say "ya, I would go straight into Pakistan without their permission". Even if we did go in without permission (which we did not according to Clinton), would anyone be dumb enough to announce that to the world?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 May 2011 12:06 #4 by Photo-fish
Who cares? Give it a rest.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

02 May 2011 12:08 #5 by Soulshiner
President Obama had the balls to say this:

“What I have said is we're going encourage democracy in Pakistan, expand our non-military aid to Pakistan so that they have more of a stake in working with us, but insisting that they go after these militants. And if we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act, and we will take them out. We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaida. That has to be our biggest national security priority.”

Sources: Second presidential debate: foreign policy, Oct. 7, 2008

02 May 2011 12:09 #6 by TPP

CriticalBill wrote: What idiot would be dumb enough to say "ya, I would go straight into Pakistan without their permission". Even if we did go in without permission (which we did not according to Clinton), would anyone be dumb enough to announce that to the world?

slick willie.

02 May 2011 12:43 #7 by The 500 Foundation
I know this may come as a shock soulshiner butt last I heard
McCain isn't President
Now you can factcheck it if you like butt I am pretty sure I'm gonna be
right on this one...

if you need a source quoted just google "US Presidents" and click on the first thing you see

02 May 2011 12:59 #8 by JMC

Soulshiner wrote: In July 2008, CNN's Larry King interviewed then-presidential candidate John McCain. The host asked the Republican senator, "If you were president and knew that bin Laden was in Pakistan, you know where, would you have U.S. forces go in after him?"

McCain said he would not.

"Larry, I'm not going to go there and here's why: because Pakistan is a sovereign nation."

He most likely would have done the same. The Prez. usually listens to the same advisers on this type of issue.

02 May 2011 13:02 #9 by outdoor338
:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

02 May 2011 13:17 #10 by Soulshiner

The 500 Foundation wrote: I know this may come as a shock soulshiner butt last I heard
McCain isn't President
Now you can factcheck it if you like butt I am pretty sure I'm gonna be
right on this one...

if you need a source quoted just google "US Presidents" and click on the first thing you see

Gee, REALLY!?!?!

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds