Muslim clerics upset usama buried at sea!

02 May 2011 13:52 #11 by FredHayek
If it was me, I would have chopped off his head and buried OBL at Gitmo. Let Al Quaida try to make a shrine at a US military base.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2011 14:08 #12 by Residenttroll returns

SS109 wrote: If it was me, I would have chopped off his head and buried OBL at Gitmo. Let Al Quaida try to make a shrine at a US military base.

I thought Obama closed Gitmo?

02 May 2011 14:23 #13 by outdoor338
Former Spec Ops soldier calls burial at sea a 'mistake'

Former Special Ops soldier and now noted reporter/writer Michael Yon, who has done arguably more embedded troop reporting than anyone, is calling the burial at sea a big mistake that will cause problems down the road. The reason for the burial at sea was a good one - to avoid having a burial shrine for radicals to pay homage to someone they perceive as a martyr. So why could this backfire? Glenn asked Yon what he thought of bin Laden being buried at sea following Muslim practices.

“Well, you know, we’ve been saying for years now that he’s not representative of Muslims. So why should we, you know, respect Muslim tradition if we’re saying that he’s not a Muslim?” Yon said.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/05/02/for ... a-mistake/

02 May 2011 15:09 #14 by Rockdoc
In the spirit of consistency and world wide documentation, it is unfortunate that OBL could not have been put on a leash and paraded in front of a camcorder before being summarily executed and dumped overboard. Perhaps putting a little blood in the water to have the sharks circling before an unceremonious disposal of OBL would have added to the drama. Then a thirty second take of the shark feeding frenzy would have been the crown jewel. Who said I don't have an imagination or feel for appropriate retribution. My memory recalls all too many beheadings in the name of Alla.

02 May 2011 20:00 #15 by deltamrey
OUR SEALS did exactly as told after chopping off enough flesh (no not mouth swabs sweeties) - to have great DNA matches for decades. HUMMMMMM I used to work with UDT/SEALS in the submarine service - wonder what they cut off..........not to be mentioned here - but they may be in a jar in a SEAL bar tomorrow night in Little Creek or Coronado.

02 May 2011 20:50 #16 by PonyTail
Shark feeding frenzy? I don't think so! With that nasty beard of his they probably took one bite and spit it out. :Sick:

02 May 2011 21:41 #17 by kresspin
What I read is the SEALs ordered him to surrender and he refused. I'm betting they all had helmet cams and there's video of this within the military.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds