Muslim clerics upset usama buried at sea!

02 May 2011 12:01 #1 by outdoor338
CAIRO -- Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden's burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial – as with many issues within the faith – a wide range of Islamic scholars interpreted it as a humiliating disregard for the standard Muslim practice of placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca.

Sea burials can be allowed, they said, but only in special cases where the death occurred aboard a ship.

"The Americans want to humiliate Muslims through this burial, and I don't think this is in the interest of the U.S. administration," said Omar Bakri Mohammed, a radical cleric in Lebanon.

A U.S. official said the burial decision was made after concluding that it would have been difficult to find a country willing to accept the remains. There was also speculation about worry that a grave site could have become a rallying point for militants.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters.

President Barack Obama said the remains had been handled in accordance with Islamic custom, which requires speedy burial, and the Pentagon later said the body was placed into the waters of the northern Arabian Sea after adhering to traditional Islamic procedures – including washing the corpse – aboard the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/0 ... 56315.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2011 12:02 - 02 May 2011 12:03 #2 by LadyJazzer
Oh boo-friggin'-hoo.... You just can't please some people...

At least it says they did the "ritual cleansing" BEFORE they relegated him to fish-food.

I wonder if the "Muslim clerics" are related to the wingnuts on 285Bound?... You just have to find an outrage-of-the-day.... rofllol

02 May 2011 12:03 #3 by Photo-fish
Give it a rest.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

02 May 2011 12:15 #4 by Nmysys
They should have marinated it in Pork Grease!

02 May 2011 12:19 - 02 May 2011 12:23 #5 by Rockdoc
No. This only goes to illustrate that it does not matter what is done, it will be used as an excuse by extreme elements of Islam to justify their behavior. It is OK for them to behead and kick the dead bodies with distain (a western tradition at all funerals for sure) innocent westerners who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but turn the tables even as was written "Traditional Islamic procedures for handling the remains were followed, the officials said, including washing the corpse, placing it in a white sheet." and there is outrage. How can anyone put any credence in anything they (these clerics ) have to say? The only question I have would it have been better to do with the body as we saw fit and thumbed our noses at them? I realize there may be repercussions, but is that what we really fear? Should it not be the other way around?

Retaliatory attacks against the U.S. and Western targets could come from members of al-Qaida's core branch in the tribal areas of Pakistan, al-Qaida franchises in other countries, and radicalized individuals in the U.S. with al-Qaida sympathies, according to a Homeland Security Department intelligence alert issued Sunday and obtained by The Associated Press.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

I hope so because if they respond like that mistakes are likely to be made and the price they pay will be high.

02 May 2011 12:22 #6 by outdoor338
Yes rockdoc, I agree with you!

02 May 2011 12:24 #7 by JMC
The hell with their sensitivities.

02 May 2011 12:25 #8 by LadyJazzer
Amen

It's more "sensitivity" than he showed for the 3,000+ people in the WTC and on the airliners....

02 May 2011 13:00 #9 by bailey bud
ba humbug.

Incidentally, the news organizations reporting on this didn't quite get it right.

Sharia requires a Muslim to be facing Mecca. (your face toward Mecca - not your head).

The body is placed in the grave without a casket, lying on its right side, and facing the Qibla.

(The Qibla is the direction toward Mecca).

Your average Muslim does not really care how OBL is buried, since your average Muslim does not even consider OBL Muslim.

I saw earlier today that Hamas (unlike the PA) is mourning his death. It's a waste of tears.

02 May 2011 13:44 #10 by Residenttroll returns
I think they tipped him into the ocean head pointing to hell instead of Mecca... oh, maybe they are in the same direction.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds