Where’s the Photo?

03 May 2011 07:06 #1 by outdoor338
I for one would like to see the photo of the most wanted man on the FBI list, anyone else feel that way?

The United States may have to release photographs of Osama Bin Laden’s corpse to smother any claims he survived the special forces raid on his compound in Pakistan.

US Homeland Security chairman Joseph Lieberman said that unless al-Qaeda chiefs acknowlegde that their leader is dead, some may deny that DNA testing proved the US had killed the right man.

“It may be necessary to release the pictures – as gruesome as they undoubtedly will be, because he’s been shot in the head – to quell any doubts that this somehow is a ruse that the American government has carried out,” Senator Lieberman said.

Senator Susan Collins, one of the Republican party’s senior security experts, agreed that many hardline Islamists “will try to generate this myth that he’s alive, and that we missed him somehow, and in order to put that to rest it may be necessary to release some of the pictures”.

While some claim that Bin Laden was given a sea burial so supporters could not create a shrine for him, US officials said there was no land alternative because no country was willing to take his body.

However, Muslim clerics said Bin Laden’s burial was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Sea burials can be allowed, they said, but only in special cases where the death occurred aboard a ship.

http://patriotupdate.com/6385/wheres-the-photo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2011 07:15 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Where’s the Photo?
Even if they release the photo, there will be those who claim it's photoshopped....but ya, I think we should see it anyway.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 May 2011 07:56 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Where’s the Photo?
I want the world to see it. Remember in the old west, where they would take the death shots of famous outlaws? Or ancient Rome where they would make death masks.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 May 2011 08:05 #4 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Where’s the Photo?

SS109 wrote: I want the world to see it. Remember in the old west, where they would take the death shots of famous outlaws? Or ancient Rome where they would make death masks.

Or maybe we should just go back to the medieval practice of putting the chopped off heads of vanquished enemies and criminals on pikes around the city as a warning to others?

Releasing the photos would be counter-productive, in my opinion. It won't convince the doubters but may well inflame Obama sympathizers. Nothing to be gained as far as I can see but plenty of downside risk.

03 May 2011 12:47 #5 by Rick
We showed lots of pictures of Saddam and the video of his hanging was on the net. The perpetrators of "man made disasters" need to know and SEE that we will not forget and will never stop hunting them.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 May 2011 13:00 #6 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic Where’s the Photo?
I found the photos of Saddam Hussein offensive. I don't wish to see those of Bin Laden either. Our enemies might parade their victims through the streets- I'd like to believe we're better than that.

03 May 2011 13:08 #7 by Rick
Seeing is believing..I'd rather they see the proof than spread false propaganda about him being alive.

George Orwell

03 May 2011 13:12 #8 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Where’s the Photo?

CriticalBill wrote: Seeing is believing..I'd rather they see the proof than spread false propaganda about him being alive.

Evidence doesn't sway true believers. They'd just believe it was a fake. There is ample evidence of the phenenoma.

:Whistle

03 May 2011 13:15 #9 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Where’s the Photo?
They'll just declare ANY photos as Photoshop'd fakes....

(At least three phony Photoshop'd fakes built from well-known pictures of OBL have already started making the rounds, and are being used by some criminals to get people to clink on a link that will install a bot-net/trojan-horse on your machine, if you're dumb enough to click on it.)

03 May 2011 13:17 #10 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Where’s the Photo?

Our enemies might parade their victims through the streets- I'd like to believe we're better than that.

To me therein lies the problem. Let's be PC and show we are better than that. Maybe if we did what they do, they might have more fear of us.

Oh, we have to be careful that we don't incite them!

Bulls**t, they have already declared a Jihad, which means they want to kill us all.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds