More important than who gets credit, or "The Photo"....

03 May 2011 14:59 #11 by PrintSmith
What results and repercussions do you speak of? That we now how evidence of what we knew all along - that Pakistan was not a reliable ally? The hue and cry that will inevitably be raised in the United Nations condemning the violations of international law by the United States when it conducted the raid? The martyr that the raid has given the radical Islamists to continue the jihad?

And no my friend, I didn't miss the irony anymore than you missed that the issue of suppression of documents by the current executive is limited to his long form birth certificate. It isn't, but all the progressives seem to want to give the impression that it is. Obama, like Nixon before him, is attempting to release what he knows can't hurt him in an attempt to silence the call for releasing something he knows will. It didn't work with Nixon's tapes and it shouldn't work with Obama's bona fides.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2011 15:06 #12 by AspenValley

PrintSmith wrote: What results and repercussions do you speak of? That we now how evidence of what we knew all along - that Pakistan was not a reliable ally? The hue and cry that will inevitably be raised in the United Nations condemning the violations of international law by the United States when it conducted the raid? The martyr that the raid has given the radical Islamists to continue the jihad?

And no my friend, I didn't miss the irony anymore than you missed that the issue of suppression of documents by the current executive is limited to his long form birth certificate. It isn't, but all the progressives seem to want to give the impression that it is. Obama, like Nixon before him, is attempting to release what he knows can't hurt him in an attempt to silence the call for releasing something he knows will. It didn't work with Nixon's tapes and it shouldn't work with Obama's bona fides.

Comparing Nixon's tapes to Obama's PRIVATE records is bogus as hell and you know it. Trying to cover up crimes committed in office and refusing to participate in a fishing expedition into one's personal life and past are two very different things. Unless you're suggesting Obama is hiding something criminal? In which case I'll move you from the category of "Beguilingly Batty" on the topic and into the category of "Malevolentaly Obsessed".

As for Pakistan, this isn't just a case of one little country needing it's wrist slapped by the U.N. It's really a swing player in the whole balance of power in that region. Even before we needed it as a staging ground for Afghanistan it's strategic importance was well recognized. It's even more true today.

03 May 2011 15:09 #13 by Residenttroll returns

AspenValley wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: What results and repercussions do you speak of? That we now how evidence of what we knew all along - that Pakistan was not a reliable ally? The hue and cry that will inevitably be raised in the United Nations condemning the violations of international law by the United States when it conducted the raid? The martyr that the raid has given the radical Islamists to continue the jihad?

Comparing Nixon's tapes to Obama's PRIVATE records is bogus as hell and you know it. Trying to cover up crimes committed in office and refusing to participate in a fishing expedition into one's personal life and past are two very different things. Unless you're suggesting Obama is hiding something criminal? In which case I'll move you from the category of "Beguilingly Batty" on the topic and into the category of "Malevolentaly Obsessed".

As for Pakistan, this isn't just a case of one little country needing it's wrist slapped by the U.N. It's really a swing player in the whole balance of power in that region. Even before we needed it as a staging ground for Afghanistan it's strategic importance was well recognized. It's even more true today.

Aspen Valley, why is the Pakistan important to America? (I know the answer, just want to see what you think the answer is).

03 May 2011 15:19 - 03 May 2011 15:36 #14 by AspenValley

residenttroll wrote: Aspen Valley, why is the Pakistan important to America? (I know the answer, just want to see what you think the answer is).

In the micro or macro sense? For the past 10 years, in the micro sense, Pakistan has been quite publicly a key player in the so-called war on terror. They've provided military support, have turned over quite a number of suspected terrorist to U.S. authorities and have provided a jumping off space for U.S. military operations in Afghanistan.

In the macro sense, Pakistan as a nuclear power and strategic geography is a key player in the balance of power, particularly as it involves China and Russia.

I guess my question at this point is what now with Pakistan? Is it possible for us to pretend we don't kow they knew that Osama bin Laden was safe within their borders? Is it advisable?

03 May 2011 15:23 #15 by JMC

residenttroll wrote: How much money will Obama spend to keep the photo sequestered? I think Obama is saving the photo for the next WAG THE DOG episode.

About nothing, you are concerned about a few $ , what an ass!

03 May 2011 15:26 #16 by Residenttroll returns

jmc wrote:

residenttroll wrote: How much money will Obama spend to keep the photo sequestered? I think Obama is saving the photo for the next WAG THE DOG episode.

yeah, and you can kiss mine......

Watch, the photo will be released at the opportune time.... come on Obama release that photo...with your collegel transcripts too.
:lol: :lol:

03 May 2011 15:27 #17 by Residenttroll returns

AspenValley wrote:
In the micro or macro sense? For the past 10 years, in the micro sense, Pakistan has been quite publicly a key player in the so-called war on terror. They've provided military support, have turned over quite a number of suspected terrorist to U.S. authorities and have provided a jumping off space for U.S. military operations in Afghanistan.

In the macro sense, Pakistan as a nuclear power and strategic geography is a key player in the balance of power, particularly as it involves China and Russia.

I guess my question at this point is what now with Pakistan? Is it possible for us to pretend we don't kow they knew that Osama bin Laden was safe within their borders? Is it advisable?

Very good...I always knew you were the smart one on the left...it's too bad you brain is polluted with the feminism and liberalism... :wave:

So do you think it was appropriate for us to conduct military action in this sovereign company - heck we can't even enter into a foreign embassy on US terrority..

03 May 2011 15:31 #18 by JMC

residenttroll wrote:

jmc wrote:

yeah, and you can kiss mine......

Watch, the photo will be released at the opportune time.... come on Obama release that photo...with your collegel transcripts too.
:lol: :lol:

Just glad I am not you. What a losing pessimist. We did something good , get over your partisan crap., it isn't working.

03 May 2011 15:32 #19 by AspenValley

residenttroll wrote: So do you think it was appropriate for us to conduct military action in this sovereign company - heck we can't even enter into a foreign embassy on US terrority..

I don't have enough knowledge of the exact chain of events, let alone the intracacies of international law, to even hazard a guess.

03 May 2011 15:36 #20 by JMC

residenttroll wrote:

AspenValley wrote:

Very good...I always knew you were the smart one on the left...it's too bad you brain is polluted with the feminism and liberalism... :wave:

So do you think it was appropriate for us to conduct military action in this sovereign company - heck we can't even enter into a foreign embassy on US terrority..

So YOU are respecting "international" law. You are a partition hack, whatever promotes your "party interests" HACK is the term. No foundation in any credible political ethics. Loser. You only care about winning , not anything else. This is not a sporting event. In your case soccer.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds