Who gets the credit?

03 May 2011 15:36 #11 by Residenttroll returns

AspenValley wrote: You didn't ask me who should get credit, you asked me if Nixon deserved any. My response was that he deserved very limited credit. How is that bogus?

As for the wars, here is my record on that.

I supported invading Afghanistan.
I opposed invading Iraq.
I supported continuing in both countries under both Bush and Obama as long as was necessary to stablize the situations, and I'm assuming that Congress saw it the same way since they continued funding it.
I do not consider my position, nor Congress funding our continued presence in Afghanistan and Iraq to be supporting "Bushes vision". More a case of we broke it, we own it, especially in the case of Iraq.
I do not see any evidence that either war directly contributed to bin Laden's death. From all accounts it appears to have been more a case of CIA and military intelligence working a very targeted investigation, with a very small military operation sent in to apprehend him that did it. In fact it more resembles a criminal investigation and SWAT team type apprehension than a war operation.

How do you know that we would not have been successful in getting Osama Bin Laden had we not taken out Saddam Hussein. I am disturbed that you would support letting Saddam and his Republic Guard to house women like dogs and rape them by the hundreds and throw their bodies into the lake next to the compound. Our military men found 100's of skeleton's ...some as young as 12 years old. If nothing else, he deserved to go. Plus we know he had ties to Bin Laden.

Actually, you are making my point....the general libtards and media are giving Bush NO credit for the capture of Bin Laden...it's a pitiful display of ignorance. The libtards owe Bush an apology, they owe our military an apology, they conservatives who supported the wars an apology...libtards are only celebrating because in some sick way they believe the assassination of Bin Laden will guarantee Obama's re-election.

I wonder what the libtards would be saying had Bush done the same type of military action?

Just wondering....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2011 16:09 #12 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Who gets the credit?

residenttroll wrote: How do you know that we would not have been successful in getting Osama Bin Laden had we not taken out Saddam Hussein.

On the contrary, I suspect Bush WOULD have gotten Osama bin Laden if he hadn't abandoned that mission to go running after Saddam.

I am disturbed that you would support letting Saddam and his Republic Guard to house women like dogs and rape them by the hundreds and throw their bodies into the lake next to the compound. Our military men found 100's of skeleton's ...some as young as 12 years old. If nothing else, he deserved to go.

There are many regimes in this world that I do not support, that is not the same thing as advocating invading them all.

Plus we know he had ties to Bin Laden.

Please produce credible evidence of that, I am sure Bush would love to get his hands on it, it would really do a lot to rehabilitate his image!

Actually, you are making my point....the general libtards and media are giving Bush NO credit for the capture of Bin Laden...

I am astonished that anyone is trying to claim he is entitled to it.

it's a pitiful display of ignorance.

On whose part, Troll? From my point of view your boy Bush made a hash of it and walked away from the mission of getting Obama when it interfered with his rabid intent to invade Iraq. Oh, he'd trot out bin Laden whenever he needed to whip up a little fear. (A great example is your false belief that Obama had ties to Saddam.)

The libtards owe Bush an apology,

On the contrary, Bush and the Bush excusers owe this whole country and a good portion of the rest of the world an apology.

they owe our military an apology

Poppycock! Unless you are actually suggesting that the military under Bush deserved more respect than the military under Obama?

the conservatives who supported the wars an apology

No sir. Your desperation to try to vindicate your poor moral choices of the past, your pathetic willingness to jump on the bandwagon of WMD, bin Laden ties, and all the rest of the lies about Iraq cost thousands of American military lives and hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties overseas. You will get no apology from me.

..libtards are only celebrating because in some sick way they believe the assassination of Bin Laden will guarantee Obama's re-election.

I am not even a particular fan of Obama but I believe what I am seeing on this forum says more about the fears of the Right and their desperate need to ressurect and vindicate the failed Presidency of GW Bush.

I wonder what the libtards would be saying had Bush done the same type of military action?

I know what I would be saying, which is the same thing I am saying now. That I am relieved that a dangerous person responsible for the deaths of so many innocents was no longer a threat to the world.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds