Incognito SEALS?

03 May 2011 14:59 #1 by FredHayek
Incognito SEALS? was created by FredHayek
Why aren't the SEALS getting medals and a trip to the White House? In WWII, our heroes went on tour around the country inspiring the home front (and selling war bonds.)
But in the War on Terror, why are we afraid to announce their names, etc?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2011 15:04 - 03 May 2011 15:07 #2 by Residenttroll returns
SS109, because it's not a War on Terror.

That phrase ended when Obama...

Obama's order to close the detention facility within a year, end coercive interrogations and shut secret overseas CIA prisons sent a strong signal to the world and presented a new post-September 11 era, wrote The Washington Post.
"President Obama yesterday eliminated the most controversial tools employed by his predecessor against terrorism suspects," the Post said.
"With the stroke of his pen, he effectively declared an end to the 'war on terror,' as President George W. Bush had defined it, signaling to the world that the reach of the US government in battling its enemies will not be limitless," it said.

RT: It's a good thing we got that intel before he closed down everything...

"President Obama has begun the rehabilitation of this country's reputation when it comes to the treatment of suspected terrorists," the Times wrote.
"Obama deserves credit for ending the worst of the Bush administration's excesses in the 'war on terror' ... But the orders contain ambiguities that demonstrate how hard it will be to unwind the tangle that President Bush created."
The Chicago Tribune mulled the possibility of holding the remaining Guantanamo terror suspects "as prisoners of war for the duration of the conflict or until they no longer pose a threat."

RT: Yes, President Obama has begun the rehabilitation of our country's reputation when it come to the treatment of suspected terrorist...he assassinates them and then buries them at sea without their heads pointing to Mecca

03 May 2011 15:33 #3 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Incognito SEALS?
Are you guys kidding? Their anonymity is one of there tools. I am sure that medals will be awarded and their participation will be considered when they are up for promotion.

03 May 2011 15:48 #4 by Residenttroll returns

neptunechimney wrote: Are you guys kidding? Their anonymity is one of there tools. I am sure that medals will be awarded and their participation will be considered when they are up for promotion.

You are correct. I use to know many members of JSOC based at Fort Bragg - I only knew one guy's role - he was a helicopter pilot - the rest, I had no clue what they did or had done.

The helicopter pilot's non-secret stories were phenomenal - I could only imagine the top secret stories. He retired in 1996.

03 May 2011 15:54 #5 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Incognito SEALS?
I'm quite sure they wouldn't want their names broadcast to the world to live the rest of their lives worried about revenge on themselves or their families.

Next.....

03 May 2011 17:15 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Incognito SEALS?
Maybe it is just Secret Squirrel stuff? How some in intelligence don't want anything getting out. The soldiers winning silver stars etc get their names in the paper, etc. Aren't they too worried about terrorists targeting them and thier families?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 May 2011 17:19 #7 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Incognito SEALS?
My niece, who is in the Navy, is deployed in this area and it makes me nervous for her safety just to think some nutty terrorist might THINK she had something to do with taking out Osama.

03 May 2011 18:19 #8 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Incognito SEALS?

SS109 wrote: Why aren't the SEALS getting medals and a trip to the White House? In WWII, our heroes went on tour around the country inspiring the home front (and selling war bonds.)

They will get thier medals and they already know what they did was a good thing. Do they want to be know to the world, NO. Thats not what they are about. They are not much for the limelight. They prefer to stay behind the crowd and just slip away. They do not like dog and pony shows.

03 May 2011 18:51 #9 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Incognito SEALS?

navycpo7 wrote:

SS109 wrote: Why aren't the SEALS getting medals and a trip to the White House? In WWII, our heroes went on tour around the country inspiring the home front (and selling war bonds.)

They will get thier medals and they already know what they did was a good thing. Do they want to be know to the world, NO. Thats not what they are about. They are not much for the limelight. They prefer to stay behind the crowd and just slip away. They do not like dog and pony shows.

You mean they don't need award shows twice a year like actors and musicians? Guess thats why I have so much more respect for them.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds