Censorship on Radio and Television

05 May 2011 00:39 #1 by Jekyll
Was just mulling this over today cause I heard a DJ saying that censorship "made his heart hurt." LOL. What does everyone think about open swearing and sometimes overly harsh conversations being allowed openly on the airwaves, both in radio and on television? I say go for it. Course, I talk like a sailor amongst the guys (and SOME ladies! HA!). Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2011 00:43 #2 by major bean
Vulgarities are not acceptable. Why sink to the gutter as a common means of expression and then broadcast such filth with total disregard. It shows contempt for your fellowman.

Regards,
Major Bean

05 May 2011 01:01 #3 by Jekyll
Not sure. I see your point, though when I don't like something I'm hearing or seeing, I find a way to ignore it. Ex; change the channel and shake my head.

Edit: Especially since TV and radio has been getting dirtier for at least the last twelve to fifteen years or so. Just my opinion.

05 May 2011 06:40 #4 by TPP
"1st Amendment: Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the FREEDOM OF SPEECH, or press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

You don't like whatever, do some thing about it don't b*tch about it, turn it off!

'Nuff Said.

05 May 2011 08:54 #5 by Rockdoc
If swearing (and those are words that someone decided to place into a special swearing category) since all or most have valid meanings in language) were to only censorship active, id would be one thing. It is not. Censorship is all around us, from being told what is politically correct, to omission of information not favorable to our government, to the suppression of news. As in Saudi Arabia, if it is not mentioned it did not happen. This comes in addition to pure biased reporting. Obviously, America is not unique in this regard. We would like to think we enjoy uncensored communication, the reality is different. Who gives a sh*t? Did I swear or just ask a valid question?

05 May 2011 09:28 #6 by TPP
Valid question, And so true!
Because it a certain human nature that runs though some of us that "WE" know what's better for the rest of the masses!
(i.e. re-rewriting the Bible, assassination of JFK & Bobby (Sirhan Sirhan was strongly anti-Zionist.[33][34] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy_assassination , Sirhan Bishara Sirhan (Arabic: سرحان بشارة سرحان, born March 19, 1944) is a Palestinian - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirhan_Sirhan )
{My Comment the terror war started a LONG time ago, PEOPLE DON'T FORGET}
Second gunman theory - The location of Kennedy's wounds suggested that his assailant had stood behind him, but some witnesses said that Sirhan faced west as Kennedy moved through the pantry facing east.[51] This has led to the suggestion that a second gunman actually fired the fatal shot, a possibility supported by coroner Thomas Noguchi who stated that the fatal shot was behind Kennedy's right ear and had been fired at a distance of approximately one inch.[52] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy_assassination

And it goes on & on....

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds