Al-Qaida confirms bin Laden's death

06 May 2011 07:35 #1 by LadyJazzer

Al-Qaida confirms bin Laden's death

CAIRO — Al-Qaida on Friday confirmed the killing of Osama bin Laden and warned of retaliation, saying Americans' "happiness will turn to sadness."

The confirmation came in an Internet statement posted on militant websites, signed by "the general leadership" of al-Qaida.

The announcement opens the way for the group to name a successor to bin Laden. His deputy Ayman al-Zawahri is now the most prominent figure in the group and is a very likely contender to take his place.

The statement, dated May 3, was the first by the terror network since bin Laden was killed Monday by U.S. commandos in a raid on his hideout in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42928874/ns ... bin_laden/

Of course, this won't satisfy the deathers and the wingnuts... They will no doubt contend that the message actually came from somewhere in the White House, and they will demand to see the long-form message-header, and the original email to see if it's been Photoshop'd.... But most sane people would have to accept the fact that if Al-Qaida says it's true, it must be true.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2011 07:53 #2 by appleannie

But most sane people would have to accept the fact that if Al-Qaida says it's true, it must be true.

Why? I think it's true but what they say has almost nothing to do with what i think on that subject.

06 May 2011 08:00 #3 by Rick
Don't argue, LJ knows what everyone else is thinking and anything she says is unquestionable.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 May 2011 08:03 #4 by Rockdoc
According to the Kkaleej times online: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... ernational
Pakistan security people interviewing Osama Bin Laden's remaining family Osama was present as according to his daughter she witnessed the killing.

A security official said the wife was shot in the leg during the operation, and did not witness her husband being killed. He also said one of bin Laden’s eldest daughters had said, that she witnessed the Americans killing her father.

06 May 2011 08:07 #5 by LadyJazzer

CriticalBill wrote: Don't argue, LJ knows what everyone else is thinking and anything she says is unquestionable.

Thanks for another astute comment that had nothing to do with the OP... "A day without a personal attack is a day without sunshine..."

Right, Sunshine?

I guess the only way that would rile you up is because you count yourself among the "deathers and wingnuts"?

06 May 2011 08:13 #6 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote:

CriticalBill wrote: Don't argue, LJ knows what everyone else is thinking and anything she says is unquestionable.

Thanks for another astute comment that had nothing to do with the OP... "A day without a personal attack is a day without sunshine..."

Right, Sunshine?

I guess the only way that would rile you up is because you count yourself among the "deathers and wingnuts"?

Oh spare me the bullcrap, you start every thread with a jab at someone . Tell me troll, what group of people do you normally call wingnuts? (and you can stick your "sunshine" where it don't shine)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 May 2011 08:14 #7 by LadyJazzer
I'll take that as a "Yes"....

06 May 2011 08:34 #8 by Rick
Wrong again dumbass

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds