CO. Man Goes On Solo Hunt For Bin Laden(AP)

15 Jun 2010 15:40 #1 by FredHayek
Crazy? Or just a dying man who wants to go out doing some good?

I know if I was dying I wouldn't want to spend my final days in a Paki prison.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2010 15:57 #2 by JMC
I once recommended that Nixon spend the rest of his life hunting Bigfoot as redemption for Watergate. Let him go for it!

15 Jun 2010 16:52 #3 by LOL
Pretty crazy, Bin Laden probably has a disguise and lots of guards... Doesn't seem like he would have a chance even if he was Rambo!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

15 Jun 2010 17:25 #4 by 2wlady
I say good for him for trying. There's a huge bounty on the guy. Does the US get to dictate who will get it?

15 Jun 2010 17:44 #5 by stcroix2
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/laden.htm

Holy Cow, why isn't the CIA joining this guy! I wonder what his "crime" is?

15 Jun 2010 17:59 #6 by bailey bud
I figure he had a good chance, since OBL was dependent on kidney dialysis.

They could run into each other during a session.....

15 Jun 2010 18:43 #7 by LOL
I think it would make a good plot for Rambo 5, or whatever number is up next. Somebody please quote me on this, in case Paramount or Universal gets any ideas. I'll settle for 1% of box office receipts.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Jun 2010 19:49 #8 by conifermtman
This guy should be given a medal for his 6th trip over there. Somebody should start a website to fund his kidney transplant and any future missions to go after OBL.

16 Jun 2010 21:29 #9 by Wayne Harrison

Joe wrote: I think it would make a good plot for Rambo 5, or whatever number is up next. Somebody please quote me on this, in case Paramount or Universal gets any ideas. I'll settle for 1% of box office receipts.

Remember the Chuck Norris movie on the hijacked airline passengers who eventually ended up in Lebanon and Norris was on the Delta Force? That was based on a true story and events, up until he and the Delta Force went in and rescued them. First time I can remember seeing a movie based on an actual event where the real-life ending was completely changed.

At least in Rambo when he went into Afghanistan he dressed the part to fit in. This guy was wearing American clothes and was said to stand out like a sore thumb. No wonder he wasn't able to get across the border in seven trips there. If it were as simple as sneaking across the border and killing bin Laden, I think our real life Delta Force guys would have already done it already.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds