20 whole minutes?

16 Jun 2010 13:14 #1 by conifermtman
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38612.html

Obama was scheduled to spend 20 minutes in the meeting. He entered the room with an entourage: Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and her coordinator for claims oversight, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, Energy Secretary Steven Chu, Commerce Secrertary Gary Locke, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, Rahm Emanuel, the White House chief of staff, and senior advisor Valerie Jarrett.

The Obamanator pontificated on national TV last night for 17 minutes telling how tough he is going to be on BP. Just 20 minutes time with the execs of BP? Seems pretty short to me, like he is trying to limit his exposure because he is totally incompetent and he knows it. Where is the leadership he told us he had during the campaign? This is the biggest crisis of his administration, he better start showing some leadership or he will be finished.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2010 13:39 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic 20 whole minutes?
Curious, What exactly would you have him do differently on the oil spill?

16 Jun 2010 13:50 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic 20 whole minutes?
I was listening to Mike Rosen on my way to work and he was saying NOBODY has any control over what is happening. It's not just the president who is powerless to fix it. The U.S. government has NOTHING capable of fixing the leak and it's really up to the companies who do deep-water drilling.

As for a 20 minute meeting.. BP and government officials work side-by-side on a daily basis. It's not like they're going to go over stuff that hasn't already been discussed.

16 Jun 2010 14:10 #4 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic 20 whole minutes?
$20 billion in 20 minutes sounds pretty good to me! Too bad the meeting wasn't longer, we'd of balanced the budget! :wink:

16 Jun 2010 14:12 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic 20 whole minutes?
20 minutes is fine. BP already knows what Obama wants. Obama is just the figurehead, specifics will be laid out by underlings.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Jun 2010 14:23 #6 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic 20 whole minutes?

conifermtman wrote: www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38612.html

Obama was scheduled to spend 20 minutes in the meeting. He entered the room with an entourage: Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and her coordinator for claims oversight, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, Energy Secretary Steven Chu, Commerce Secrertary Gary Locke, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, Rahm Emanuel, the White House chief of staff, and senior advisor Valerie Jarrett.

The Obamanator pontificated on national TV last night for 17 minutes telling how tough he is going to be on BP. Just 20 minutes time with the execs of BP? Seems pretty short to me, like he is trying to limit his exposure because he is totally incompetent and he knows it. Where is the leadership he told us he had during the campaign? This is the biggest crisis of his administration, he better start showing some leadership or he will be finished.

That is all the longer the teleprompter charge is going to last. :biggrin:

16 Jun 2010 14:25 #7 by conifermtman
Replied by conifermtman on topic 20 whole minutes?

pineinthegrass wrote: $20 billion in 20 minutes sounds pretty good to me! Too bad the meeting wasn't longer, we'd of balanced the budget! :wink:

What happens when the real damage is $100 billion? BP will have claimed to have met its obligation of $20 billion by law they did not have to pay in the first place.

16 Jun 2010 14:26 #8 by conifermtman

The Viking wrote:

conifermtman wrote: www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38612.html

That is all the longer the teleprompter charge is going to last. :biggrin:

Does that mean no more long State of the Union speeches?

16 Jun 2010 14:28 #9 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic 20 whole minutes?

JMC wrote: Curious, What exactly would you have him do differently on the oil spill?

I started a thread on this. There is nothing much he can do about the spill. But it was his wekks of delay in the clean up effort and fighting against Jindal to put in berms when the Dutch offered to build them twice as fast that has destroyed that economy down there. And still he refuses to accept for more help. A congressman said the other day, he should have moved heaven and earth to get as much help there as possible as quickly as possible to prevent it from reaching shore and destroying the wetland and the fishing and shrimping and other indutries down there. But he waited weeks. Formed committees to decide what to do and turned down some of the most profficient nations to help us start cleaning this up when they offered on day 3. THAT is another perfect example of why his inexperience and indecisiveness is destroyiing this country.

16 Jun 2010 14:35 #10 by conifermtman

The Viking wrote:

JMC wrote: Curious, What exactly would you have him do differently on the oil spill?

I started a thread on this. There is nothing much he can do about the spill. But it was his wekks of delay in the clean up effort and fighting against Jindal to put in berms when the Dutch offered to build them twice as fast that has destroyed that economy down there. And still he refuses to accept for more help. A congressman said the other day, he should have moved heaven and earth to get as much help there as possible as quickly as possible to prevent it from reaching shore and destroying the wetland and the fishing and shrimping and other indutries down there. But he waited weeks. Formed committees to decide what to do and turned down some of the most profficient nations to help us start cleaning this up when they offered on day 3. THAT is another perfect example of why his inexperience and indecisiveness is destroyiing this country.

Maybe Obama just wants the south to become dependent on the Government so they vote Democrat in the future. It is either that or pure incompetence. I guess Hillary was right, who do you want answering the phone at 3 am?

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds