So now public owned land in Arizona is Off limits ?????

16 Jun 2010 15:42 #1 by Grady
Portions of the Arizona desert, and not just next to the border, are now reserved for the sole use of the smugglers.

I know the President is busy with the oil in the gulf crisis, but you think he could find the time to make a couple of calls to Robert Gates and Janet Napolitano and get a couple of companies of Marines in to clear and secure the area? All of our Marines and soldiers should be very well trained for desert operations.

picture from http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... 2125281125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2010 15:47 #2 by Tilt
If no takers-like US military. Guess you will have to saddle up and
go take care of that, for the people.

16 Jun 2010 15:51 #3 by LopingAlong
Yeah gut it doesn't say don't go there, it says be careful about going there and try not to get yourself shot. I take it to mean, "Here's what's going on, now decide what you want to do." Doesn't mean it's right, but would you rather they just let families wander about and get killed?

16 Jun 2010 16:13 #4 by conifermtman
The problem is that the sign is needed in the first place.

16 Jun 2010 16:17 #5 by Tilt
but it was there in the first place.

16 Jun 2010 16:20 #6 by Grady

Tilt wrote: If no takers-like US military. Guess you will have to saddle up and

Uncalled for snide comment, but sorry that is no longer in my job description. That is the job of the federal government to secure our borders and protect our population. Something neither this administration or the previous one seems to care about.

And Loping along: do really think it’s OK for the government to abandon large portions of one of our states just because it’s inconvenient to police?

17 Jun 2010 07:02 #7 by FredHayek
I know people who own land near the Cali/Mex border and they can no longer ride their horses on their own land because it is just too dangerous.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Jun 2010 07:07 #8 by LopingAlong

Grady wrote:

Tilt wrote: If no takers-like US military. Guess you will have to saddle up and

Uncalled for snide comment, but sorry that is no longer in my job description. That is the job of the federal government to secure our borders and protect our population. Something neither this administration or the previous one seems to care about.

And Loping along: do really think it’s OK for the government to abandon large portions of one of our states just because it’s inconvenient to police?

No, I don't. I think it's an awful thing. But I wonder why the government just lets it be? I mean tellme they couldn't do just as you all suggest--bring in tanks and military forces and bombs. Hell, they could take out any faction of any peoples they chose to. So they post a sign? At least the warning is in existence.

I think the same thing about Bin Laden BTW. They can't find him???? Really? They can read the writing on a dime from a satellite shot and they can't find one guy? C'mon.

17 Jun 2010 08:14 #9 by Wayne Harrison
What happened the the Minutemen groups that said with much fanfare that they were going to patrol the area?

17 Jun 2010 09:21 #10 by Grady

Wayne Harrison wrote: What happened the the Minutemen groups that said with much fanfare that they were going to patrol the area?

I would imagine they are still active in some areas, notably the Bisbee/Douglas areas. As far as the area in question here, even the local sheriffs are out gunned by the smugglers. What chance would a bunch of civilian observers have? That being said I would not be surprised to see another minuteman push, maybe in the fall.

Tanks, artillery, anti personal mines, would be overkill. A couple of properly supported Marine companies, with UAV and heli support, along with an authorized ICE agent with each unit in the field to make arrests. There are already military bases in the area for support.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds