70% of small business fail

04 Jun 2011 15:27 #1 by dummy up
Why do we think they know what is best for the country? Counter intuitive to me. Sounds like a worse track record than even the post office. We love to think they are the backbone of the country but the failure rate seems to say something else entirely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2011 15:35 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 70% of small business fail

Dummy Up wrote: Why do we think they know what is best for the country? Counter intuitive to me. Sounds like a worse track record than even the post office. We love to think they are the backbone of the country but the failure rate seems to say something else entirely.

That's the American spirit ! Why even bother taking a risk to better yourself or get out from under an employer, you're going to fail anyway!

I wonder how many failures Edison had before he ended up making our lives so much easier?

And the big difference with the USPS is that it can never fail because no matter how inefficient, no matter how bad it's structured, or how much money it loses, it will never run out of OUR MONEY to keep it going.

You win the most ignorant statement of the year award, CONGRATS!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Jun 2011 15:38 #3 by dummy up
Replied by dummy up on topic 70% of small business fail

CriticalBill wrote:

Dummy Up wrote: Why do we think they know what is best for the country? Counter intuitive to me. Sounds like a worse track record than even the post office. We love to think they are the backbone of the country but the failure rate seems to say something else entirely.

That's the American spirit dumbass! Why even bother taking a risk to better yourself or get out from under an employer, you're going to fail anyway!

I wonder how many failures Edison had before he ended up making our lives so much easier?

And the big difference with the USPS is that it can never fail because no matter how inefficient, no matter how bad it's structured, or how much money it loses, it will never run out of OUR MONEY to keep it going.

You win the most ignorant statement of the year award, CONGRATS!

So we take our orders from Failures? Great idea. Business people are as big of screw ups as government workers. People are people. Sorry you missed my point.

04 Jun 2011 16:39 #4 by HEARTLESS
Wow, Dummy is catching on. But calling Odumbo a failure is right on the money.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

04 Jun 2011 16:50 #5 by dummy up

HEARTLESS wrote: Wow, Dummy is catching on. But calling Odumbo a failure is right on the money.

Face it! 70 % of everything fails, biz,and gov. Nobody has all the answers.

04 Jun 2011 17:05 #6 by pineinthegrass
Some people make millions even though they fail 70% of the time.

How about a major league baseball .300 hitter?

04 Jun 2011 17:08 #7 by dummy up

pineinthegrass wrote: Some people make millions even though they fail 70% of the time.

How about a major league baseball .300 hitter?

Great example. I was trying to say that we revere small business with a 300 batting average yet expect the government to hit 950. Just trying to add a little perspective.Maybe I should just go back to my name calling a-hole self.

05 Jun 2011 08:40 #8 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 70% of small business fail
"Five percent of the people think;
ten percent of the people think they think;
and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think."
— Thomas A. Edison

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Jun 2011 09:25 #9 by Pony Soldier

Dummy Up wrote: So we take our orders from Failures? Great idea. Business people are as big of screw ups as government workers. People are people. Sorry you missed my point.

I don't understand why you think we take our orders from small business. They have the smallest lobby in Washington. If you are talking about all business and lumping small business in with big corporations and their powerful lobbies to make a point, you are diluting your point.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds