The Texas vs. California Example

15 Jun 2011 13:36 - 15 Jun 2011 13:37 #21 by The Viking

archer wrote: I guess it must be bash archer day....first I get taken to task by outdoor because I didn't mention California.....hmmmm, I've never lived in California.....don't know much about it, but I'm supposed to post about it to make outdoor happy.....I am sure CA is equally as bad as texas, but the OP was about how great Texas is......

It is? It is comparing two states and two totally different political beliefs and policies and how one works and California's liberal polkicies are a total failure on every level. But you refuse to talk about reality and how liberal policies fail the majority of the time. You just put blinders on and talked about Texas. And Cali is 'equally' as bad? Did you really not read the article? IT IS MUCH WORSE AND A TOTAL FAILURE!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2011 13:37 #22 by PrintSmith

Something the Dog Said wrote: You guys are funny. Texas depends on the federal government to bail it out of its deficit. Nearly 97% of the money used to fix the 2010 fiscal deficit in Texas was from federal "stimulus" money. Yes, those brave Texans needed help from President Obama to keep from going bankrupt.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/23/news/ec ... /index.htm

You're even funnier. You must have missed the part where your article mentioned that Texas has a surplus fund that remains untapped that is larger than the amount of SwindleUs money that they received - allowing them to choose how they proceed from this point rather than being forced into a choice. As said before, the only jobs created or saved by SwindleUs were government jobs - every other state did exactly the same thing that Texas did - took the SwindleUs money and attempted to keep their bloated state spending intact on the slim chance that Obama and his Keynesian's were right. Less than 7% of SwindleUs went to "shovel ready" projects that were the main talking point of the Democrat's sales pitch. I'm sure it would have still received the overwhelming support of the populace had they been told that 7% of it was going to roads, bridges and infrastructure and the other 93% would be going to saving and creating government jobs. Yeah, right.

And I see that the Democrats and the Obama administration are starting to try and drum up support for the next round of SwindleUs. That's a good idea - double down on failure - it's sure to succeed this time around, right? The money won't go to public union workers this time around so that Democrats have a chance to reverse their 2010 fortunes at the polls, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds