Can you afford $7 per gallon?

18 Jun 2010 12:22 #11 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote: Exactly.

Sorry, I meant to say "don't MIND quoting them" rather than "don't BOTHER quoting them."

So do you agree with the Harvard Study? And can you afford $7 per gallon to make Obama happy by passing this bill?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jun 2010 12:25 #12 by Wayne Harrison
I haven't read the Harvard study. And no, I wouldn't like $7 a gallon gas (like the rest of the world is paying)

I do know that absolutely NOTHING I do will have any affect on whether it comes to pass or not.

The silver lining in $7 a gallon gas would be a more concerted move toward alternate fuels.

18 Jun 2010 12:51 #13 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote: I do know that absolutely NOTHING I do will have any affect on whether it comes to pass or not.

Not true. You can make a difference by voting against the Democrats in Congress who are voting for this Cap and trade that will destroy the country. You do have a voice.

18 Jun 2010 13:08 #14 by Wayne Harrison
Voting against any particular candidate is an effect I can have down the road. Not something that will affect the price of gas at the pump in a few months.

I'm still waiting to see if coal companies are going out of business or if Obama is taking away our arms -- things you guys were warning everyone about more than a year ago.

It's not like a chicken with its head cut off. It's Chicken Little always warning "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

18 Jun 2010 13:16 #15 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote: Voting against any particular candidate is an effect I can have down the road. Not something that will affect the price of gas at the pump in a few months.

I'm still waiting to see if coal companies are going out of business or if Obama is taking away our arms -- things you guys were warning everyone about more than a year ago.

It's not like a chicken with its head cut off. It's Chicken Little always warning "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

If you read the study it says the prices will hit that in 2020. SO your vote will have an effect on gas prices. You vote in Democrats, then you want to pay $7 a gallon for gas. It is your choice with your vote this fall.

18 Jun 2010 13:21 #16 by FredHayek
Not every one pays $7, in fact in many of the emerging markets, petrol is subsidized.

I could afford $7 a gallon but I would be cutting way back on discretionary travel, and I think Colorado would really suffer a huge drop in tourism, worse than 9/11.

And the poor would most likely get gasoline debit cards to help them out.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Jun 2010 13:25 #17 by Wayne Harrison
Oh, and rather than read a piece written by the Heritage Institute that you linked to, here's the ACTUAL STUDY:

http://belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu/fil ... tation.pdf

18 Jun 2010 13:32 #18 by Gringa

The Viking wrote: I just recieved a reaming from a MOD from another unmentiond site in a PM over here, so I am just making sure people know that we can joke over here and still get along with everyone. Over here we let you know that you are allowed to remove the sticks from your arses before entering.

I really shouldn't get in the middle of this, but, here is goes anyway:

The best way to stop that sh!t is to post the PM and out them. You don't have to put up with that......

18 Jun 2010 13:38 #19 by The Viking

Gringa wrote:

The Viking wrote: I just recieved a reaming from a MOD from another unmentiond site in a PM over here, so I am just making sure people know that we can joke over here and still get along with everyone. Over here we let you know that you are allowed to remove the sticks from your arses before entering.

I really shouldn't get in the middle of this, but, here is goes anyway:

The best way to stop that sh!t is to post the PM and out them. You don't have to put up with that......

I considered it but decided againt it. But it was not a nice PM. They sent me a PM for their privacy and I am going to respect that ....for now. But i will say it is the MOD that the most people have complained about.

18 Jun 2010 13:41 #20 by PrintSmith
It's almost as amusing as the progressives who want you to believe certain things because they were uttered by the intellectual elite dismissing that same group when they have something to say that the progressives don't like hearing or would rather the masses remain unaware of until the legislation is on the books. Think we'll see Speaker Pelosi, Senator Reid or President Obama try to convince us that $7/gal gasoline is a small price to pay for energy independence? I'm betting the response is more along the lines of what was said during the Health Insurance Cram Down. That the figure is an intentional distortion of the facts intended to derail the Energy Tax Bill, ummmmm Cap and Trade/Tax, ummmm I meant Pollution Control Targets Legislation.

Think Senator Reid and Speaker Pelosi would have a snowball's chance of getting reelected if they campaigned on raising the cost of fuel to $7/gallon?

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds