Earth may be headed into a mini Ice Age within a decade

17 Jun 2011 06:53 #11 by TPP

neptunechimney wrote:

TPP wrote: NO I’m not a doomsday wacko, but I sure wouldn’t mind if a GAINT EMP take out everything on earth. I’ll sit back and watch the chaos, because folks can’t survive without their electric, let alone their cell phones & cars. REMEMBER THIS IS MY OPINION!

You wouldn't mind? That sure seems wacko to me.

NOT AT ALL! Remember I'm a sensitive man of the 1800's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2011 06:57 #12 by TPP

Joe wrote: Definitely time for some Al Gore cartoons! :)

17 Jun 2011 07:19 #13 by FredHayek
As sceptical about these predictions of the future as I am about any predictions. Remember, these people are the same who don't know if we will have rain this afternoon.

While fun to predict the future, it is usually hard to get right. For example, the population bomb predicted, turns out as societies become more urban and due to other variables, Taiwan and other developing Asian nations have lowered their birth rate voluntarily to the same rate as mainland China forces on their citizens.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Jun 2011 10:17 #14 by ScienceChic

SS109 wrote: Remember, these people are the same who don't know if we will have rain this afternoon.

No, they aren't. Those are meteorologists, not climatologists.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Jun 2011 10:39 #15 by FredHayek

Science Chic wrote:

SS109 wrote: Remember, these people are the same who don't know if we will have rain this afternoon.

No, they aren't. Those are meteorologists, not climatologists.

I bet they will be wrong too. The future is hard to predict, especially when you don't know all the variables.

BTW, another blow to the Kyoto accord, Japan says they will no longer agree to the limits unless other countries do first. (Denver Post today.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds