Harris Park Shooting Range

05 Jul 2011 05:54 #11 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Harris Park Shooting Range
Grady, I have heard the same about the trash problem. I don't use the shooting range myself so I can't comment about it first-hand. It seems like an organized club of some sort is needed to manage it, maybe with donations for clean up days.

It just bothers me to see more and more restrictions on Forest service lands restricting public access. No doubt there are trouble makers that the Rangers have to deal with, and they ruin it for everyone. Its happening all over the country from what my out of state friends tell me regarding closed areas. (Utah, Northern CA too)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jul 2011 11:22 #12 by FredHayek
I shoot often, shot 200 rounds just this morning, but I can see why they shut down the place. Too many slob shooters who don't clean up after themselves.

I know it is unlikley to find any slob shooters reading this, but shooting TV's, appliances, etc is pretty anti-climatic, so please just shoot paper targets and take the trash with you.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Jul 2011 11:32 - 05 Jul 2011 19:18 #13 by LOL
According to the links I posted, there is more closed than just the shooting range. No access with motorized vehicles for the rest of the year either. That area has always been open up here since before the logging project.

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

05 Jul 2011 11:43 #14 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic Harris Park Shooting Range
I don't have long distance, but I sent an e-mail. When I hear back from them with a for sure "a-okay" then I'll hike back up in there. However, this is the full order that was signed in '09 and is in effect for five years or until rescinded. I looked to see if there was another notice for this, but didn't see anything, hence why I will wait for someone from the FS to get back to me personally. Either way, everyone, please clean up after yourselves as you well know and other posters have stated. Peace out.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOC ... 117444.pdf

05 Jul 2011 13:33 #15 by Martin Ent Inc
The good thing about having to hike in is that most slobs won't, and those that do won't be carring old computers, microwaves etc. and You cannot just walk past the gate and start shootin gotta go all the way to the range. USFS LEO patrols the area on a regular basis. Along with a couple of PCSO deputies.
the # for the Info is 303-275-5610
It is only closed to motor vehicle traffic at this time.
Main reason is there is 100's of cords of wood that is cut and will be sold to JQ public later this year. You will be able to drive in at the gate, pay the person in charge for your cords and then drive to the piles and load.

05 Jul 2011 18:59 #16 by LOL
Martin, good info. I hadn't thought about the firewood sale. I think they did that a year ago too. Still sucks that it is closed thru December 2011. Haven't been over there in a few years, is there a sign posted there about all this? Or just "Keep the F out" LOL! :)

05 Jul 2011 19:05 #17 by Martin Ent Inc
Got it straight from the Mules mouth.

06 Jul 2011 17:19 #18 by Jekyll

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Got it straight from the Mules mouth.

Ditto, a lady just got back to me. I'll be willing to hike in when I get my ammo shipment. Right now I don't have enough to make it worth while unless I shoot nothin' but .22. Just wanted to be sure all was good to go before I went all the way up there. Happy shooting.

06 Jul 2011 17:23 #19 by Martin Ent Inc
Hey wanna know whats' happening? Just give me a jingle. I have to stay on top of things... LOL

06 Jul 2011 17:24 #20 by Jekyll
I will do that when it comes to the ole HP. Course, I gotta a good friend that lives back there and shoots, never thought to ring him! DOH!

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds