Senator: Obama Told Me He's Not Securing Border on Purpose

21 Jun 2010 19:03 #21 by major bean
Those who are for an open border want to exploit the poor (read: illegal immigrant worker) and pay them below minimum wage income for their work. Even César Chávez was against illegal immigrant workers undermining a decent wage for American farm workers.
Open border advocates are hardly caring people.

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2010 19:23 #22 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Senator: Obama Told Me He's Not Securing Border on Purpose

major bean wrote: Those who are for an open border want to exploit the poor (read: illegal immigrant worker) and pay them below minimum wage income for their work. Even César Chávez was against illegal immigrant workers undermining a decent wage for American farm workers.
Open border advocates are hardly caring people.

It's true- They depress wages here.

22 Jun 2010 06:43 #23 by Gringa
I am not for an open border. I am for reform.

22 Jun 2010 07:59 #24 by Grady
There is really no need for reform; there is however , a need to enforce current laws. And we all know it is hard to come here as a legal immigrant, hard but not impossible. Like my dad used to say “if it’s worth doing it’s worth doing right”. And it’s not just the republicans who have done a crappy job of securing the borders; neither major party has shown an interest.
The illegal problem is not just people sneaking across the border but many of the illegals are people who have overstayed their visas.

22 Jun 2010 08:06 #25 by The Viking

Grady wrote: There is really no need for reform; there is however , a need to enforce current laws. And we all know it is hard to come here as a legal immigrant, hard but not impossible. Like my dad used to say “if it’s worth doing it’s worth doing right”. And it’s not just the republicans who have done a crappy job of securing the borders; neither major party has shown an interest.
The illegal problem is not just people sneaking across the border but many of the illegals are people who have overstayed their visas.

And that is all Arizona's law says. Enforce the Federal law on our books. In fact their law is not as strict as our Federal law and yet Obama is sueing to stop them. :bash That is how backwards he is. He wants to sue to stop a state from enforcing our Federal laws?

22 Jun 2010 08:10 #26 by Blazer Bob

The Viking wrote:

Grady wrote: There is really no need for reform; there is however , a need to enforce current laws. And we all know it is hard to come here as a legal immigrant, hard but not impossible. Like my dad used to say “if it’s worth doing it’s worth doing right”. And it’s not just the republicans who have done a crappy job of securing the borders; neither major party has shown an interest.

And that is all Arizona's law says. Enforce the Federal law on our books. In fact their law is not as strict as our Federal law and yet Obama is sueing to stop them. :bash That is how backwards he is. He wants to sue to stop a state from enforcing our Federal laws?

ACLU has filed. Feds haven't yet. I suspect they are still looking for grounds that will not make them look stupid.

22 Jun 2010 08:47 #27 by Wayne Harrison

The Viking wrote: And that is all Arizona's law says. Enforce the Federal law on our books. In fact their law is not as strict as our Federal law and yet Obama is sueing to stop them. :bash That is how backwards he is. He wants to sue to stop a state from enforcing our Federal laws?

Do local cops currently enforce federal laws or do they bow to federal law enforcement?

22 Jun 2010 10:25 #28 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote:

The Viking wrote: And that is all Arizona's law says. Enforce the Federal law on our books. In fact their law is not as strict as our Federal law and yet Obama is sueing to stop them. :bash That is how backwards he is. He wants to sue to stop a state from enforcing our Federal laws?

Do local cops currently enforce federal laws or do they bow to federal law enforcement?

What federal law enforcement?

The federal government has strict laws on the books to stop and ask for papers for no reason and detain and deport illegals. But they won't do anything about it and crime has gone through the roof in AZ and it is the 2nd highest kidnapping capital in the world. But the feds still won't do anything. So Arizona passes a law that says they will enforce the federal law already on the books minus the part about stopping people randomly, and then the federal government steps in to stop them from enforcing their own law. There is something almost illegal about their behavior. Basically suing to 'allow' illegal immigrants to come in and keep committing crimes against our citizens.

That is like having a law on the books for breaking and entering and cops having the authority to arrest them and protect you but not doing it. Then after you and your neighbors are sick of crime going up and people constantly breaking in, you decide to use the make my day law and stop them yourself, then the law comes in and sues you to stop enforcing the law yourself. It is so backwards.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds