Senator: Obama Told Me He's Not Securing Border on Purpose

21 Jun 2010 11:35 #1 by conifermtman
http://www.thefoxnation.com/sen-jon-kyl ... er-purpose

On June 18, 2010, Arizona Republican Senator Jon Kyl told the audience at a North Tempe Tea Party town hall meeting that during a private, one-on-one meeting with President Obama in the Oval Office, the President told him, regarding securing the southern border with Mexico, “The problem is, . . . if we secure the border, then you all won’t have any reason to support ‘comprehensive immigration reform.'"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2010 11:38 #2 by The Viking
I totally believe he would say this. All he cares about are his own personal agendas rather than what is best for the country. That is why they are going to file suit against Arizona to stop this law they passed that may actually do what America wants. They know if America sees that we do have the power to do something, then Obama's amnesty agend is DOA. He wants to stop what will work till he gets his things passed. Agenda first, Americans second.

21 Jun 2010 11:46 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Senator: Obama Told Me He's Not Securing Border on Purpose
C'mon..We couldn't keep people in Alcatraz but you think we can secure thousands of miles of border? Just like you think we can kill every "terrorist" on earth? It's absurd. Lets put some employers who hire illegals in jail and the problem goes away overnight. Wake up- The Republican party is all about lowering OUR wages- they represent corporate interests and corporate interest feast on cheap labor..

21 Jun 2010 12:25 #4 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote: C'mon..We couldn't keep people in Alcatraz but you think we can secure thousands of miles of border? Just like you think we can kill every "terrorist" on earth? It's absurd. Lets put some employers who hire illegals in jail and the problem goes away overnight. Wake up- The Republican party is all about lowering OUR wages- they represent corporate interests and corporate interest feast on cheap labor..

I agree that we need to go after the people whoo hire them first and foremost but the cost of setting up a very secure electronic and monitored border would be hundreds times less than it is costing this nation now to keep letting them in and letting them stay.

21 Jun 2010 14:26 #5 by FredHayek
I know we can't totally secure the border, but we could at least make it tougher and provide jobs for Americans by building up the wall. Even East Germans were able to sneak over the wall and machinegun posts.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jun 2010 14:33 - 21 Jun 2010 14:36 #6 by The Viking
Build a barbwire fence along the whole border that has sensors on it to notify police or national guard that someone is climbing it. And then you have 10-20 guards per mile to respond to it. Over that fence it drops into a deep water filled trench fill with gators. Then on the other side of the trench in order to get out you have to climb an electric fence. And you will have to be standing in water when you touch it. Problem solved. :biggrin:

21 Jun 2010 14:35 #7 by conifermtman
Why not build two fences and put land minds in between both of them?

21 Jun 2010 14:38 #8 by Wayne Harrison
Yeah, like East Berlin in reverse. We could even shoot those trying to cross in case the land mines don't get them.

21 Jun 2010 14:38 #9 by The Viking

conifermtman wrote: Why not build two fences and put land minds in between both of them?

I thought about that but then you would have the ACLU and all kinds of civil rights goups after you for blowing people up.

21 Jun 2010 14:40 #10 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote: Yeah, like East Berlin in reverse. We could even shoot those trying to cross in case the land mines don't get them.

Good idea! And we can charge for it. Then we can make up some of hte money to pay the guards! :biggrin:

So seriously are you saying we should just let them come and go as they please?

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds