Death Penalty Suggestion

22 May 2010 09:22 #11 by LopingAlong
I agree, Cinny! I'd only add that it would be nice if criminals actually spent their sentenced amount of jail time IN jail! They let a killer out after what, a few years sometimes? Too much crime and no place to put all the bad guys...that's why they get out, that's why some feel killing them makes monetary sense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2010 14:39 #12 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Death Penalty Suggestion
Lot of feels, I understand. I would have NO PROBLEM flipping the switch, shotting the gun, or pulling the lever.
WHY should we pay for these creatures to live? For what purpose? VL, wants zero pollutaion growth we'll let's start on death row. And it's it strange that some have such a problem with throwing a switch, but have no problem, punching a hole in a babies head and sucking out it's brains, then throwing it in the garbage can. The difference is one is innocent and the other is a turd.

25 May 2010 14:53 #13 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Death Penalty Suggestion

LopingAlong wrote: (For the record, if it's self defense, I have zero problem with blowing away any SOB that threatens me or my family and I consider this completely different than the subject of the death penalty or killing in general. And yes, I do own a firearm.)

And truly, what is capital punishment if it isn't self defense of a society? Isn't that what it is? Isn't capital punishment society protecting you from having to defend your family on an individual basis from one who has shown they have no hesitancy in visiting harm upon the other members of the society in which they once prowled?

25 May 2010 17:05 - 25 May 2010 17:53 #14 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Death Penalty Suggestion
Not exactly PS. You can't chase a burglar down the street after they rob you and shoot them then say self defense.

25 May 2010 17:19 #15 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Death Penalty Suggestion
LopingAlong No one has ever called me Cinny before. I think I like it. LOL

25 May 2010 19:24 #16 by Sunshine Girl
I put agree. I do believe that if your going to condemn someone to death though there has to be physical evidence. DNA is such a powerful thing. Does anyone here remember the incredibly sad story of little Samantha Runion? She was only 5 years old, the exact same age as my Destiny was then (Destiny is 13 now). They were both in Kindergarten, had big brown eyes, similar beautiful brown hair, and a smile that could light up a room. My sister's name was Samantha too. Samantha Runion was kidnapped while playing with her friend, brutally raped, and beaten to death. Then her tiny nude body was left "on display" to be found. Over 5,000 people flocked to the Crystal Cathedral in California to pay their respects for her funeral. I cried like a baby. For the mother left behind, for the innocent life taken, and most of all, for the pain and terror this animal put her through. The killer was found and sentenced to death with a cheer from me with every cell in my body. The death penalty was made for these types "people." The only thing I do regret is having our tax dollars pay for his sorry ass and all the appeals he will get. I never thought I'd ever say this, but I would love to be there when this son-of-a bitch takes his last breathe. How people forgive those that steal their loved ones away from them I'll never understand. They are bigger people than me for sure.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

30 May 2010 19:55 #17 by LopingAlong
Sunshine, I just saw your post. For me, the scenario you describe is the absolute hardest one for me to stand my ground on--that no one has the right to take another's life; because, like you, I think I could shoot the SOB myself (or pull the plug or flip the switch or whatever). To harm a child is unforgiveable. I agree with you 100% on that. The fact is though, it is not for me to kill him for killing her. If that is the answer, then I am simply no better than him.

I used to live in CA and there was a man who picked up a young woman, then chopped her arms off with a hatchet, raped her, and left her for dead. All the people around me were cheering for his execution--including me for awhile--and then I thought, no, that is too easy for him. To be killed and put out of everyone's misery. I thought if I were in charge, I'd simply do the following:

Take him to a field where a vice was standing and insert his scrotum. Tighten enough that he feels it, but not so tight that he is delerious with pain. Add some gasoline-soaked straw around his bare feet and light on fire. His choice what to do--burn to death or castrate himself and die that way.

See, I'm not so loving-hearted after all and not a bigger person either. Just would rather do that than to kill him.

My brother was murdered and his killer was deemed 'unfit to stand trial'. Crazy. Ya think? It took me two solid weeks to get over my wanting his death. In the end, I realize that him dying doesn't bring back Steve. I don't wish him harm and I understand that his karma is his own; not mine to tamper with. Forgiveness is absolutely not the same as forgetting. I am clear on not having his blood on my hands, do you know what I mean? It's simply not my place to execute.

30 May 2010 20:05 #18 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Death Penalty Suggestion
I didn't read ANY of this thread because I'm sure it would just irritate me but I don't know why anybody in their right minds would want to give a government the right to kill anybody..?

30 May 2010 20:12 #19 by LopingAlong
VL, I'mnot sure those that want capital punishment look at it as if they're giving the government the right to kill anybody. I could be wrong about that, but I think it's looked at in the vein of the justice system, jury of peers, etc. For me, I don't think killing is the answer for anything.

30 May 2010 20:23 #20 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Death Penalty Suggestion
Haven't we evolved past putting people to death? It's medieval

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds