Does it feel like Jimmy Carter all over again except worse?

08 Aug 2011 14:55 #11 by archer
The only comparison I see to Jimmy Carter in politics today is once again a state (Texas) wants their governor to be president so they can get him out of the state.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Aug 2011 14:59 #12 by HEARTLESS
He was the first President I was old enough to vote against. Like the UN (Undermining Nations) programs, Habitat for Humanity was like providing leaches a place to flourish and breed.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

08 Aug 2011 15:30 #13 by Wayne Harrison
To me, Obama's presidency has felt like George Bush all over again...

08 Aug 2011 15:33 #14 by archer

WayneH wrote: To me, Obama's presidency has felt like George Bush all over again...

Yep....and the same people who supported Bush's policies suddenly hate the same policies when they're from a Democrat. Go figure.

08 Aug 2011 16:36 #15 by Kate
It kinda does feel like Carter all over again!

08 Aug 2011 18:05 #16 by PrintSmith
Kind of an inevitable result of voting against someone who isn't even on the ballot regardless of their qualifications to hold the office they are seeking. You end up with a weak, ineffectual leader at the helm of the ship of state who doesn't have the first clue about how the ship operates and what is necessary to keep it off of the dangerous shoals.

FWIW, Iran has Obama's number too, just as they had Carter's. Obama now has to swing harder left than he would like to avoid the call for a primary challenge, which will make a one and done all the more likely. He was able to fool a bunch of folks into thinking he was some kind of moderate before, but I don't think he can pull the same wool over their eyes a second time, especially after his choices for cabinet members, advisers and SCOTUS justices, not to mention a fiscally unsustainable ObamaCare. That's the problem with actually governing, you have some actions that people can examine instead of a bunch of well written speeches to read off of a teleprompter.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds