Does it feel like Jimmy Carter all over again except worse?

07 Aug 2011 20:29 #1 by conifermtman
I'm pretty sure that hopey changey thing ain't working out for too many people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Aug 2011 20:32 #2 by UNDER MODERATION
Nope it feels like insane Mcarthyism again...

07 Aug 2011 20:37 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
You know I travel all over the country and the world and you delusional rednecks would only fit in in about 3% of the places I go..The deep south, and places like North Dakota. Youre freaks everywhere else. So I gotta laugh when you come on here talking like the Repubkican party is riding a wave of populatity right now..Whhaat!? Maybe in your house, but not in the real world. You just scared the sh!t outta everybody in the world and clearly..CLEARLY your days are numbered..

07 Aug 2011 23:01 #4 by conifermtman

Vice Lord wrote: You know I travel all over the country and the world and you delusional rednecks would only fit in in about 3% of the places I go..The deep south, and places like North Dakota. Youre freaks everywhere else. So I gotta laugh when you come on here talking like the Repubkican party is riding a wave of populatity right now..Whhaat!? Maybe in your house, but not in the real world. You just scared the sh!t outta everybody in the world and clearly..CLEARLY your days are numbered..

The 2012 election can't happen soon enough.

08 Aug 2011 06:03 #5 by LOL
Much Worse.. We had Reagan after Carter and things got better again. But then I was in High school during Carter so I didn't really pay much attention.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

08 Aug 2011 10:03 #6 by FredHayek

Joe wrote: Much Worse.. We had Reagan after Carter and things got better again. But then I was in High school during Carter so I didn't really pay much attention.

Junior high here so I don't remember much either. Just a sense that Iran was playing us. At least Obama is smart enough to keep our military funded and on target.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Aug 2011 10:05 #7 by AspenValley
To me it feels kind of like a cross between The Great Depression and the height of McCarthy-era right-wing paranoia.

08 Aug 2011 10:50 #8 by UNDER MODERATION

Joe wrote: Much Worse.. We had Reagan after Carter and things got better again. But then I was in High school during Carter so I didn't really pay much attention.

You're a moron Joe, by any measure Reagan was the biggining of the end of the middle class. You Latent homosexuals are so easily impressed with John Wayne types..Even George Bush left you closet queens breathless by just stickin a cowboy hat on his head, rolling up his sleaves and clearing some brush on his ranch..

C'mon guys..It's not a fashion show

Man up now

08 Aug 2011 10:53 #9 by AspenValley
Just curious, CMM, how old were you when Jimmy Carter was President?

08 Aug 2011 14:46 #10 by FredHayek

Vice Lord wrote:

You're a moron Joe, by any measure Reagan was the biggining of the end of the middle class. You Latent homosexuals are so easily impressed with John Wayne types..Even George Bush left you closet queens breathless by just stickin a cowboy hat on his head, rolling up his sleaves and clearing some brush on his ranch..

C'mon guys..It's not a fashion show

Man up now

So for you VL, the late 70's were the golden age between evil Nixon, doofus Ford, and cowboy Reagan?
When leisure suits, platfrom heels, polyester and platform shoes ruled?
I can just imagine you dressed up that way with an awesome 'fro.

For my 8th grade graduation I did have a demin jean suit, platform heels but no polyester. But by high school I had switched to to jeans and flannel shirts.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds