Refinance

10 Aug 2011 21:46 #1 by daisypusher
Refinance was created by daisypusher
Interests rates have dropped big time - now is the time to refinance or at least look at the numbers to see if it pays for your particular situation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Aug 2011 00:31 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Refinance
My sister-in-law just got a 10 year fixed at 3.25%.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Aug 2011 06:18 #3 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Refinance
Any suggestions on bringing the appraisal value up with all the foreclosures going on?

11 Aug 2011 07:09 #4 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Refinance
TM, that is the problem. Only a fraction of homeowners can take advantage of these low rates because alot of their equity vanished and appraisals are low.

Great time for first-time buyers with a down payment though. It looks like rates may stay low for 2 more years unless inflation really heats up.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

11 Aug 2011 07:14 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Refinance
I heard an ad the other day offering refinances for those who are underwater on their homes. Does that seem very smart? Or just charge the owners a higher interest rate?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Aug 2011 10:34 #6 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Refinance

SS109 wrote: I heard an ad the other day offering refinances for those who are underwater on their homes. Does that seem very smart? Or just charge the owners a higher interest rate?

It only seems smart if the people can't pay the going rate on their loan, but a refinance would keep them in their home with a lower interest rate. Can't imagine why anyone would refinance at a higher rate unless they have a balloon payment due soon.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds