Latinos protest deportations at Obama campaign HQ

17 Aug 2011 13:44 #11 by navycpo7

AspenValley wrote: In this country, last I heard, you still had to be CONVICTED of a crime before being legally considered a criminal. So even if you entered the country illegally, unless you have been convicted of it, you are presumed innocent. The program is supposed to be about deporting persons illegally in this country who have been CONVICTED of a crime.

Last I knew, if you entered the country illegally, then you can be deported. They broke the law by doing that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Aug 2011 13:46 #12 by AspenValley

navycpo7 wrote:

AspenValley wrote: In this country, last I heard, you still had to be CONVICTED of a crime before being legally considered a criminal. So even if you entered the country illegally, unless you have been convicted of it, you are presumed innocent. The program is supposed to be about deporting persons illegally in this country who have been CONVICTED of a crime.

Last I knew, if you entered the country illegally, then you can be deported. They broke the law by doing that.

You can be deported without a court finding of criminality if you simply can't prove you are here legally. But to be a convicted criminal, you have to be, ahem, convicted of a crime.

17 Aug 2011 13:47 #13 by navycpo7

Grady wrote: CHICAGO (Reuters) - Latino activists held a protest outside President Barack Obama's 2012 campaign headquarters on Tuesday to ask him to end a criminal deportation program they say is snaring large number of illegal immigrants who have not committed crimes.

More here on KDVR

WTF (fantastic)
How is it possible to be illegal with having committed a crime???????? :bash

Obama has done a pretty good job of this, and needs to keep it up. What part do they not understand. They came into our country illegally and think they are not criminals or that they did not break the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 Aug 2011 13:49 #14 by navycpo7

AspenValley wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

You can be deported without a court finding of criminality if you simply can't prove you are here legally. But to be a convicted criminal, you have to be, ahem, convicted of a crime.

Correct, so I still fail to see a problem with what this administration is doing. They are deporting illegals that are breaking the law already.

17 Aug 2011 13:52 #15 by AspenValley

navycpo7 wrote:

Grady wrote: CHICAGO (Reuters) - Latino activists held a protest outside President Barack Obama's 2012 campaign headquarters on Tuesday to ask him to end a criminal deportation program they say is snaring large number of illegal immigrants who have not committed crimes.

More here on KDVR

WTF (fantastic)

Obama has done a pretty good job of this, and needs to keep it up. What part do they not understand. They came into our country illegally and think they are not criminals or that they did not break the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you read the article? What they are protesting is that supposedly this program is aimed ONLY at convicted criminals, but it they have been in fact deporting a lot of people with no criminal convictions. If it was just a general "deport people who are here illegally" program they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Personally, I don't think it is possible economically or physically to deport everyone who is here without documentation, so I would prefer that if they are going to deport anyone they concentrate first on convicted criminals. But apparently they aren't.

18 Aug 2011 07:56 #16 by Rick

AspenValley wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

More here on KDVR

WTF (fantastic)

Personally, I don't think it is possible economically or physically to deport everyone who is here without documentation, so I would prefer that if they are going to deport anyone they concentrate first on convicted criminals. But apparently they aren't.

It's much more effficient to prevent the illlegal crossing in the first place....we can take over entire countries thousands of miles away yet some say we just can't close our own borders.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds