Latinos protest deportations at Obama campaign HQ

17 Aug 2011 07:45 #1 by Grady
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Latino activists held a protest outside President Barack Obama's 2012 campaign headquarters on Tuesday to ask him to end a criminal deportation program they say is snaring large number of illegal immigrants who have not committed crimes.

More here on KDVR

WTF (fantastic)
How is it possible to be illegal with having committed a crime???????? :bash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Aug 2011 10:00 #2 by FredHayek
:thumbsup: I do have to give a thumbs up to Obama on illegal immigration. He seems to be shipping back more illegals than "W" did.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Aug 2011 10:47 #3 by rldbailey
If immigrants are here ILLEGALLY - that's a CRIME!!!

17 Aug 2011 11:02 #4 by Grady

SS109 wrote: :thumbsup: I do have to give a thumbs up to Obama on illegal immigration. He seems to be shipping back more illegals than "W" did.

True W was not big on addressing illegal immigration. However I think the ecomony has as much to do with it as anything. That or because it's so easy getting back across the illegals are just taking advantage of a free ride home.

17 Aug 2011 11:30 #5 by Wily Fox aka Angela

17 Aug 2011 11:32 #6 by Wayne Harrison
But, but how can this be? I thought there was NOTHING Obama did that was good... that he hadn't accomplished anything...

(at least that's what the conservatives here have been saying)

17 Aug 2011 11:33 #7 by AspenValley
In this country, last I heard, you still had to be CONVICTED of a crime before being legally considered a criminal. So even if you entered the country illegally, unless you have been convicted of it, you are presumed innocent. The program is supposed to be about deporting persons illegally in this country who have been CONVICTED of a crime.

17 Aug 2011 12:13 #8 by FredHayek

WayneH wrote: But, but how can this be? I thought there was NOTHING Obama did that was good... that he hadn't accomplished anything...

(at least that's what the conservatives here have been saying)

I know you guys say we never give Pres. Obama any kudos but I think he did good here, keeping Gitmo open, giving tax breaks to revive the economy, and supporting the Afghani surge.
:dislike:
Of course, I also have a number of beefs with him too...

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Aug 2011 12:27 #9 by Wayne Harrison
I have a number of beefs with him, too. Two of them are things you give him credit for: keeping Gitmo open and supporting the Afghani surge.

17 Aug 2011 12:46 #10 by Blazer Bob

WayneH wrote: I have a number of beefs with him, too. Two of them are things you give him credit for: keeping Gitmo open and supporting the Afghani surge.

Libya?

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds