@AOL.Com Email Addresses Are Cool Again

10 Sep 2011 22:14 #1 by conifermtman
http://www.businessinsider.com/bigshots-are-the-only-people-using-aol-email-addresses-2011-9

What's unfashionable, inevitably, becomes cool again.
Case in point: email addresses that end in @aol.com.
A number of big-time politics and media personalities continue to use their aol.com addresses, Politico's Ben Smith reports.
A sample: David Axelrod, Al Franken, Matt Drudge, Arianna Huffington, David Brooks, Tina Brown, and Ann Coulter.
He calls it a "status symbol."

Status symbol? How about behind the times?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Sep 2011 22:21 #2 by archer
Really? I still use my old aol.com e-mail addresses......I got them way, way, back in the very early days, when aol was a tiny little group that had one hell of a good time on-line. I wouldn't give them up for anything......they don't cost anything to keep, and they have that nostalgia value. E-mail is e-mail, they all work pretty much the same.

11 Sep 2011 00:18 #3 by conifermtman

archer wrote: Really? I still use my old aol.com e-mail addresses......I got them way, way, back in the very early days, when aol was a tiny little group that had one hell of a good time on-line. I wouldn't give them up for anything......they don't cost anything to keep, and they have that nostalgia value. E-mail is e-mail, they all work pretty much the same.

Have you tried GMail?

12 Sep 2011 10:34 #4 by FredHayek
Next thing you know, MySpace will be the in place to hang out online again.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Sep 2011 10:41 #5 by archer

conifermtman wrote:

archer wrote: Really? I still use my old aol.com e-mail addresses......I got them way, way, back in the very early days, when aol was a tiny little group that had one hell of a good time on-line. I wouldn't give them up for anything......they don't cost anything to keep, and they have that nostalgia value. E-mail is e-mail, they all work pretty much the same.

Have you tried GMail?

I do have a gmail acct...but I don't use it. When you have used the same address for over a decade...wow, amost 2 decades it would be too much trouble to change.

12 Sep 2011 10:45 #6 by Wayne Harrison
I just forwarded all my old mail to my Gmail and set it up to "reply as" the old address. There are so many pluses with Gmail. I also enjoy Google Voice, to answer and transcribe my voicemail and give me a new free phone number anywhere in the country.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds