How many votes will Kagan recieve? Poll

28 Jun 2010 17:02 #11 by The Viking
Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., ranking Republican on the panel, said Kagan's record warrants close questioning as the Senate considers her appointment to the nation's highest court.

"Ms. Kagan certainly has numerous talents and good qualities, but there are serious concerns about this nomination," he said.

Sessions noted that Kagan has "never tried a case before a jury" and "has associated herself with well-known activist judges." He also maintained that she broke the law in denying military recruiters access to students at Harvard Law School, where she served as dean.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2010 17:41 #12 by JMC

The Viking wrote: Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., ranking Republican on the panel, said Kagan's record warrants close questioning as the Senate considers her appointment to the nation's highest court.

"Ms. Kagan certainly has numerous talents and good qualities, but there are serious concerns about this nomination," he said.

Sessions noted that Kagan has "never tried a case before a jury" and "has associated herself with well-known activist judges." He also maintained that she broke the law in denying military recruiters access to students at Harvard Law School, where she served as dean.

The day any serious person takes Sessions as a voice of reason you have your head examined. He is the worst Senator in all respects. I can and will list his idiocy over the years, the guy is brain dead. If you listen to him it is the equivalent of a lib listening to Al Franken

28 Jun 2010 17:56 #13 by The Viking

JMC wrote:

The Viking wrote: Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., ranking Republican on the panel, said Kagan's record warrants close questioning as the Senate considers her appointment to the nation's highest court.

The day any serious person takes Sessions as a voice of reason you have your head examined. He is the worst Senator in all respects. I can and will list his idiocy over the years, the guy is brain dead. If you listen to him it is the equivalent of a lib listening to Al Franken

Why can't you people ever discuss the issues? I don't care who said it. We aer talking about Kagen and her issues. Do I have to black out names so you don't get distracted? Oh look at the bunny......

So what do you think about her denying military recruiters access to students at Harvard Law School, where she served as dean? Are you OK with that?

28 Jun 2010 17:58 #14 by The Viking
By the way, you do know I am just having fun with you right? :thumbsup: It's just fun to add spice to the debate.

28 Jun 2010 18:04 #15 by JMC

The Viking wrote: By the way, you do know I am just having fun with you right? :thumbsup: It's just fun to add spice to the debate.

I grew up in an Italian family that argued about home much parm. should be put on the pasta.
Nothing personal. But how can you forget that Sessions is a nut case and bring up the dean of a college making a decision that she was hired to enforce years ago? Leaps of logic continue to astound me.
All good bub.

29 Jun 2010 07:38 #16 by FredHayek
Warning: About to be petty.
But I think Kagan looked like a fool today dressed in that blue bag with big black buttons. Doesn't someone dress her?

And I saw they put "Hon. Elena Kagin" on her name plate, I thought she had never been a judge before?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds