6 year old on No-Fly List?

28 Jun 2010 09:35 #1 by Neytiri
This story confuses me. I understand the "No-Fly" list but for a 6 year old? And the family was still granted to take the trip? Maybe I'm not understanding this artcle: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/24 ... etail.html

The TSA said in a statement that "the watch lists are an important layer of security to prevent individuals with known or suspected ties to terrorism from flying.

The family was allowed to make the trip and was told to contact that Transportation Security Information.

Eywa has heard you... Eywa has heard you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2010 09:39 #2 by FredHayek
The list is made of names. If you share the name of a known terrorist, prepare to get stopped. The TSA should loosen up on letting an obvious innocent pass but sometimes employees prefer to be on the safe side.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Jun 2010 12:37 #3 by bailey bud
I share both name and age with an individual on the no-fly list. It slows me down, occasionally.

The 6 year old will be stopped and subjected to secondary screening.

There are managers who have over-ride codes who can let the passenger through.

If the passenger flies a lot - get a letter of exception - which basically says "this isn't the terrorist"

28 Jun 2010 19:21 #4 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic 6 year old on No-Fly List?

bailey bud wrote: I share both name and age with an individual on the no-fly list. It slows me down, occasionally.

The 6 year old will be stopped and subjected to secondary screening.

There are managers who have over-ride codes who can let the passenger through.

If the passenger flies a lot - get a letter of exception - which basically says "this isn't the terrorist"

Doesn't that just make your flying experience so much more fun? Why did you chose such a name????? :bash :bash rofllol

28 Jun 2010 20:23 #5 by The Viking
What I don't understand is how they stop a 6 year old but they let ViceLord fly to Russian and back? Hmmm.....

29 Jun 2010 12:07 #6 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic 6 year old on No-Fly List?
VL's brat didn't get to go on they're big vacation.... Bummer :Crying:

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds