Zionism, another view

10 Oct 2011 09:44 #1 by Wayne Harrison
Zionism should not be equated with Judaism. The contemptible treatment of the Palestinians by the Israeli government is supported and approved of by most Israeli Jews but not by all Jews. There are some Jews who are totally opposed to Zionism and to Israel's policies in the occupied territories of the West Bank.

http://www.serendipity.li/zionism.htm

Reply to inquiry concerning "being seen as anti-semitic"

The term "anti-semitic" is used by some people as synonymous
with "anti-Israeli". This is a typically Zionist smear tactic to brand
all criticism of Israel as anti-semitic. This should not prevent us
from criticizing Israel, which richly deserves criticism, or rather,
condemnation, in the strongest possible terms, for its outrageous
and immoral treatment of the Palestinians and for its pernicious
influence on U.S. government and society. Only a coward would
refrain from criticizing Israel because of fear of being labelled
"anti-semitic".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Oct 2011 10:51 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Zionism, another view
Both Arabs & Jews are part of the race of Semites, so it is funny when Arabs are called anti-Semitic.

But back to your paragraph. Israelis who don't support the current goverment supression of Palestinian Arabs are naive and clueless.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Oct 2011 10:57 #3 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Zionism, another view

SS109 wrote: Israelis who don't support the current goverment supression of Palestinian Arabs are naive and clueless.

Wow - that's a strong statement.

I disagree. If you read Haaretz - you'll see that a lot of Jews from Israel disagree.

If Israel continues to oppress Palestinians, they're going to find themselves in trouble.

Palestinians are human beings...... They deserve better. (I'd note they deserve more than what Hamas gives them - and they certainly don't deserve what Israel is giving them.

10 Oct 2011 12:05 #4 by bailey bud

Conservative Voice wrote: Only a coward would refrain from criticizing Israel because of fear of being labelled "anti-semitic".

Really? AIPAC equates criticism of Zionism with hatred of Jews.

No self-respecting Washington politician would say anything remotely critical of Israel.

To do so would be to invite the wrath of AIPAC (few politicians would survive that kind of counter-attack).

One of my teachers from the University of Chicago (of significant international repute) co-wrote a sincere, scholarly critique of US/Israel policy in 2006. Today, he rarely appears anywhere or speaks, since he's bound to draw attacks from AIPAC activists, who have labeled him an anti-semite. They even claim he's a holocaust denier! (take his history course, you'd conclude otherwise).

10 Oct 2011 12:12 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Zionism, another view

bailey bud wrote:

SS109 wrote: Israelis who don't support the current goverment supression of Palestinian Arabs are naive and clueless.

Wow - that's a strong statement.

I disagree. If you read Haaretz - you'll see that a lot of Jews from Israel disagree.

If Israel continues to oppress Palestinians, they're going to find themselves in trouble.

Palestinians are human beings...... They deserve better. (I'd note they deserve more than what Hamas gives them - and they certainly don't deserve what Israel is giving them.

Like you said, Hamas treats them poorly and no one guarantees Israel's right to exist. Too often in the Arab world, kindness is mis-interpeted as weakness.

Eventually the Israelis will get tired of the constant attacks and stand down to negotiate with the Palestinians. Israel will give up the West Bank, and the Palestinians will demand more.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Oct 2011 17:14 #6 by bailey bud
Incidentally, I'm not much into the conspiracy theory side of things.

AIPAC is completely legal. They're open about their goals/objectives.

That said, there's no arguing that they're the single most influential group in Washington, DC.

I simply don't agree with Zionism. It goes right against my non-belief in manifest destiny (for any country).

11 Oct 2011 05:31 #7 by rlcarolyn
Replied by rlcarolyn on topic Zionism, another view
The truth is right here~ http://youtu.be/j1N1zhUm84w

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds