Day 70 Obama finally accepts offers for help on gulf spill

29 Jun 2010 17:58 #1 by The Viking
US accepts international assistance for Gulf spill

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-accept ... l?x=0&.v=2

The United States is accepting help from 12 countries and international organizations in dealing with the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

The identities of all 12 countries and international organizations were not immediately announced. One country was cited in the State Department statement -- Japan, which is providing two high-speed skimmers and fire containment boom.

More than 30 countries and international organizations have offered to help with the spill. The State Department hasn't indicated why some offers have been accepted and others have not.

Guess he figures that he has allowed enough damage to our Country now that we will never recover from so what will it hurt to accept help now. Good sabotage Obama!! 70 days to accept the help but only a couple weeks to shut down 50,000 more jobs and $30 billion for a region. He is a quick one!! Idiot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jun 2010 18:17 #2 by The Viking
Actually they are still 'working out the particulars of the help that's been accepted.' :bash :bash Another month or so and that region should be destroyed for good. That our Decisive community organizor! :thumbsup:

29 Jun 2010 18:29 #3 by conifermtman
God help us if we are ever attacked. It would take this moron 70 days to decide what to do. We should not be surprised since every other problem takes him months to decide upon just like the Afghanistan troop surge.

Remember elections have consequences!

29 Jun 2010 20:09 #4 by archer

conifermtman wrote: Remember elections have consequences!

yes they do CMM...and we have been dealing with the consequences of elections from Reagan, to Bush I to Bush II for far too long now. It's about time we put a lid on the corporations making the laws in this country and policing themselves. It just isn't working very well for this nation, now is it?

29 Jun 2010 20:43 #5 by conifermtman

archer wrote:

conifermtman wrote: Remember elections have consequences!

yes they do CMM...and we have been dealing with the consequences of elections from Reagan, to Bush I to Bush II for far too long now. It's about time we put a lid on the corporations making the laws in this country and policing themselves. It just isn't working very well for this nation, now is it?

You mean like the Jones act?

29 Jun 2010 20:53 - 29 Jun 2010 21:15 #6 by LOL

It's about time we put a lid on the corporations making the laws in this country and policing themselves. It just isn't working very well for this nation, now is it?

Funny, it worked pretty good for about 200 years or so. Of course it depends on what specifically you are talking about, that is a pretty general statement.

The assumption that Republicans and Corporations are against all regulations is simply not true.

Corporations welcome regulations that are reasonable, effective and create a level playing field with competitors.

GE is FOR Cap and Trade.

Microsoft is FOR anti software piracy laws.

Automotive companies are probably in favor of crash safety standards so they know how much margin to design into their cars and don't go beyond that.

Companies use UL standards for product safety, and FCC standards for radio interference. All of this has been around along time and well accepted by companies.

etc. etc.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

29 Jun 2010 21:13 #7 by Wayne Harrison

conifermtman wrote: God help us if we are ever attacked. It would take this moron 70 days to decide what to do.

If that were true and not just right rant rhetoric, and the enemy believed it, they would have attacked already.

29 Jun 2010 21:17 #8 by Wayne Harrison

conifermtman wrote: You mean like the Jones act?

I'm curious. Do you support the Jones Act, or are you against it?

30 Jun 2010 07:35 #9 by FredHayek
Any truth to the story that other domestic oil containment equipment hasn't been sent to the Gulf because they might need it for other local spills?
It does really look like Obama's administration takes too much time to make decisions. Afghan surge, oil spill, nominees for important jobs.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Jun 2010 10:11 #10 by conifermtman

Wayne Harrison wrote:

conifermtman wrote: You mean like the Jones act?

I'm curious. Do you support the Jones Act, or are you against it?

I pointed out that not all legislation is created in favor of big business as Archer contended. I don't have a problem the US protecting US jobs, but I do have a problem with the most incompetent president this nation has ever had.

Elections have consequences, remember that in November.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds