Bill Clinton Endorses Romanoff

30 Jun 2010 09:28 #11 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote: I only asked if people actually vote for a candidate based on who endorses them.

I didn't ask if people vote for a candidate because of who doesn't endorse them.

And you've offered no proof that candidates lost because Obama endorsed them.

What do you want me to do now, pull out th elist of candidates who lost that were endorsed by Palin?

I just wanted to know know if people actually vote based on endorsements, that's all.

Palin was 4 for 4 in the last primary elections a few weeks ago. And I have said many times that I am not a huge Palin fan anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jun 2010 09:38 #12 by Wayne Harrison

Let's face it: In all but the rarest cases, endorsements don't swing elections.

Some Sarah Palin Endorsements Matter More Than Others

http://politics.usnews.com/opinion/blog ... thers.html

30 Jun 2010 11:55 #13 by Residenttroll returns
Bill or Barry are endorsements any politico would rather do without...it's the money that comes from the endorsements that's important.

As of March 31, 2010
Bennet - has raised $ 6 million ....55% outside of Colorado
Romanoff - has raised $ 1 million .... 90+ % inside Colorado

30 Jun 2010 12:11 #14 by PrintSmith

Wayne Harrison wrote: Do people REALLY pick a candidate to vote for based on someone's endorsement?

As a direct result of the endorsement, I would think not too often. The endorsement, however, inevitably affects the contributions and the contributions help the candidate spread their message, which increases the exposure of the candidate to the electorate, which influences the number of votes the candidate receives.

Me, I'm thinking of volunteering for the Bennet campaign. I might even change by registered affiliation to Democrat so I can vote for Bennet in the Democrats primary. If Bennet wins the primary, we are likely to have a Republican in the Senate from Colorado once again. If Romanoff wins the primary, it will be a much closer contest........

30 Jun 2010 14:16 #15 by Wayne Harrison

residenttroll wrote: Bill or Barry are endorsements any politico would rather do without...it's the money that comes from the endorsements that's important.

As of March 31, 2010

I think you're confusing contributions to the incumbent with contributions as a result of endorsements. Of course Bennet has six times the contributions. He's the incumbent.

30 Jun 2010 14:33 #16 by Residenttroll returns

Wayne Harrison wrote:

residenttroll wrote: Bill or Barry are endorsements any politico would rather do without...it's the money that comes from the endorsements that's important.

As of March 31, 2010

I think you're confusing contributions to the incumbent with contributions as a result of endorsements. Of course Bennet has six times the contributions. He's the incumbent.

I am not confusing contributions to the incumbent with contributions. If I was Romanoff I would not want Clinton's endorsement; however, in taking the endorsement money will flow his way. That money would not have flowed into his campaign otherwise.

30 Jun 2010 14:41 #17 by Residenttroll returns
Dick Morris posted a blog today about the Clinton's and makes note of the Romanoff endorsement.

http://www.dickmorris.com/blog/2010/06/ ... um=twitter

30 Jun 2010 16:22 #18 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Bill Clinton Endorses Romanoff

residenttroll wrote: Dick Morris posted a blog today about the Clinton's and makes note of the Romanoff endorsement.

Dick Morris switched sides ( foot fetish, prostitutes) for his personal gain. He has zero credibility!
He is the poster child for slimy opportunist And no BS about "he's no worse than....." Although the foot thing...never mind

30 Jun 2010 16:25 #19 by benri
I agree - Dick M has no credibility. Maybe Elliot Spitzer & Dick Morris should have a TV show together, they share the same "hobbies" -- sorry off topic. Romanoff was loyal to the Clintons and this endorsement is payback.

30 Jun 2010 20:20 #20 by Residenttroll returns

JMC wrote:

residenttroll wrote: Dick Morris posted a blog today about the Clinton's and makes note of the Romanoff endorsement.

Dick Morris switched sides ( foot fetish, prostitutes) for his personal gain. He has zero credibility!
He is the poster child for slimy opportunist And no BS about "he's no worse than....." Although the foot thing...never mind

Dick and his foot fetish and prostitutes has about the same creditability as "I didn't have sex with that woman" and "semen on the dress" Clinton. Dick Morris is one the few that the Clinton's didn't kill off.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds