Big Corporations Vs. Big Goverment

30 Jun 2010 07:30 #1 by FredHayek
The Left likes to attack big corporations because they have too much power, but don't the Feds have even more power?
Power corrupts, so as dangerous as the big corporations are, it makes sense that the Feds are even more corrupt.

And I am no friend of big corporations. I see so many laws made to protect them from little companies starting up. the Feds & Big Companies joining to screw small business by increasing regulation. For example, Sarbanes-Oxley, so much more expensive per capita for the small guys and what has SOX done? Nothing, the big banks and big auto companies still had to be saved by the Feds.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jun 2010 07:53 #2 by LOL
Sarbanes-Oxley exempts small companies with <100 million market cap I think. It is an example of a law with good intentions that creates massive accounting paperwork and costs for companies. Buried in the healthcare bill are also regulations that are going to create massive amounts of new 1099 filing requirements for small businesses. This is what Republicans complain about, not the regulations necessarily, but the costs and unintended consequences.

Both sides use the "Big" word too much for political gain and its an insult to the intelligence of the avg. voters who are spoon fed sound bites instead of a complete analysis of issues.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

30 Jun 2010 08:59 #3 by FredHayek
The company I work for is burdened with SOX right now. And with the increased auditing, our earning reports take longer to reach Wall Street, ironically making insider trading easier. Unintended consequences?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds