Could this be the end of Perry?

31 Oct 2011 08:31 #1 by Wayne Harrison
Cain tops Iowa Poll; Perry Comes In 5th

Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain has taken the lead in the race to win the Iowa Caucuses, according to a Des Moines Register poll published Saturday.

Cain finished with 23 percent, narrowly beating former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney who finished with 22 percent. The two are essentially tied however, as Cain's one point lead falls within the poll's +/-4.9 percentage point margin of error.

Texas Rep. Ron Paul finished third in the poll on 12 percent, while no other contender polled more than 10 percent.

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, who finished a close second in the Register's first poll with 22 percent, dropped to 8 percent to finish fourth in Saturday's poll.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich tied for fifth each with 7 percent. Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum finished with 5 percent, and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman gained 1 percent.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10 ... ster-poll/

Looks like Iowans don't have much interest in Perry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Oct 2011 08:45 #2 by FredHayek
I saw one poll where Gingrich was polling 3rd behind a tied Cain and Romney.

With so many Republicans still undecided, I predict a bunch more swings.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Oct 2011 10:07 #3 by The Viking

SS109 wrote: I saw one poll where Gingrich was polling 3rd behind a tied Cain and Romney.

With so many Republicans still undecided, I predict a bunch more swings.

Me too. I think if Cain drops, Newt will get the next bounce.

31 Oct 2011 16:45 #4 by Wayne Harrison
The Rick Perry slide - and the Herman Cain surge - have reached even Perry's home state of Texas, where the Republican governor currently pulls just 26 percent of the primary vote, according to a University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll.

That's one point behind Cain's 27 percent vote share.

Perry's position in the poll is still remarkably weak. He clocks an approval rating of just 39 percent and disapproval rating of 44 percent. In a general election match-up with President Barack Obama, Perry takes 45 percent to Obama's 37 percent — a solid lead that still leaves Perry short of an electoral majority in a conservative state where he's been elected statewide six times.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/10 ... z1cOziCkVV

31 Oct 2011 17:13 #5 by Nmysys
So Wayn-ass, you did exactly what I said you would do and went and cried to your mommy didn't you, you pus**.

Are you being bullied little Wayn-Ass? Poor little guy, must be tough on you.

31 Oct 2011 17:20 #6 by The Viking

Conservation Voice wrote: The Rick Perry slide - and the Herman Cain surge - have reached even Perry's home state of Texas, where the Republican governor currently pulls just 26 percent of the primary vote, according to a University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll.

That's one point behind Cain's 27 percent vote share.

Perry's position in the poll is still remarkably weak. He clocks an approval rating of just 39 percent and disapproval rating of 44 percent. In a general election match-up with President Barack Obama, Perry takes 45 percent to Obama's 37 percent — a solid lead that still leaves Perry short of an electoral majority in a conservative state where he's been elected statewide six times.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/10 ... z1cOziCkVV

LMAO!! That is an internet poll! I saw that. Heck Ron Paul gets 70% in some of those.

31 Oct 2011 21:35 #7 by Wayne Harrison
The margin of error is 3.46%. There are different ways to conduct an internet poll. I think the one you are thinking of is just asking people at random to vote on their favorite, which is not scientific.

Perry seemed to be a little tipsy in his New Hampshire speak, Viking. What do you make of this part?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M4gz97Y9W8&t=2m53s

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds