Palin Column on her Facebook page

02 Jul 2010 07:48 #1 by Wayne Harrison
Peace Through Strength and American Pride vs. “Enemy-Centric” Policy

Earlier this week, I spoke at the Freedom Fest in Norfolk, Virginia; and, evidently, the media was asked to leave – not by me, that’s for sure. I want my message out, so despite reporters making up a story about “Palin people kicking us out” (uh, the “Palin people” entourage would consist of one person – my 15-year-old daughter, Willow – and I have no doubt she could take on any reporter, but I know for certain she didn’t “kick ‘em out” of the event). Anyway, here are some of the key issues I spoke about.

DEFENSE SPENDING

It takes a lot of resources to maintain the best fighting force in the world – especially at a time when we face financial uncertainty and a mountain of debt that threatens all of our futures.

We have a federal government that is spending trillions, and that has nationalized whole sections of our economy: the auto industry, the insurance industry, health care, student loans, the list goes on – all of it at enormous cost to the tax payer. The cost of Obamacare alone is likely to exceed $2.5 trillion dollars.

As a result of all these trillion dollar spending bills, America’s going bust in a hurry. By 2020 we may reach debt levels of $20 trillion – twice the debt that we have today! It reminds me of that joke I read the other day: “Please don’t tell Obama what comes after a trillion!”

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/note ... 3777543434

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jul 2010 07:58 #2 by Silent Lucidity
Because I am not on FB, does she ever even talk about her DEFENSE SPENDING? Or, does she do her usual, talk in circles, using key words that she thinks everyone wants to hear and never really make a point?

02 Jul 2010 08:11 #3 by Wayne Harrison
You don't have to be a FB member to read the page I linked to. It' s a public fan page, accessible to anyone.

02 Jul 2010 08:14 #4 by Residenttroll returns
Wayne gets the "Twitters" reading Sarah Palin.

02 Jul 2010 08:17 #5 by Wayne Harrison
Your ad hominem comebacks are getting tiresome, RT. I'd prefer if you'd actually discuss the post, rather than taking potshots at me.

Actually, I think it's the most incisive piece I've read by her.

02 Jul 2010 08:24 #6 by Residenttroll returns

Wayne Harrison wrote: Your ad hominem combacks are getting tiresome, RT. I'd prefer if you'd actually discuss the post, rather than taking potshots at me.

Actually, I think it's the most incisive piece I've read by her.

I don't understand why members of the media, like you, have a "hard on" for Sarah Palin. She's not running for any offices or a government official, yet the media continues to report on her - she must really threaten the establishment.

The article is a not factual. I wouldn't say the government has nationalized entire segments. I would say the government has their hands into too many segments of this once great capitalist society.

"Twitters" is not a ad hominen comeback....it reveals the inability of the media to show the unpolished Obama....if Bush had made the same mistake, it would have been in 7News A block, B block, sports block, and weather block for three days.

02 Jul 2010 08:26 #7 by JMC
One year ago today she resigned the Governorship of Alaska. She is estimated to have made over 12 million in the last 12 months. I think she made a brilliant decision to resign despite the criticism. Don't care for her politics much but a very shrewd business move.

02 Jul 2010 08:30 #8 by Wayne Harrison
I think it has something to do with her continuing to be the current leading potential presidential candidate (in polls) on the conservative side. The Republican nomination for president is hers to lose at this point. I'm not sure, but that may be why she gets so much press. Just a hunch, though.

I'm also not sure but I'm guessing if the media didn't cover her at all, you'd be complaining that the media was doing it on purpose.

02 Jul 2010 10:07 #9 by Residenttroll returns

Wayne Harrison wrote: I think it has something to do with her continuing to be the current leading potential presidential candidate (in polls) on the conservative side. The Republican nomination for president is hers to lose at this point. I'm not sure, but that may be why she gets so much press. Just a hunch, though.

I'm also not sure but I'm guessing if the media didn't cover her at all, you'd be complaining that the media was doing it on purpose.

Yea, polls show the Democratic Congress sucks yet the media acts like they are obstructed by a minority of Republicans.

03 Jul 2010 09:32 #10 by Wayne Harrison
Dem Lawmaker on GOP Sabotage of Jobs Bill: They “Want This Economy to Fail”

This post originally appeared on Washington Monthly.

With Senate Republicans poised to kill the tax-extenders/jobs bill today — it has 58 supporters, who will be denied a chance to vote, up or down, on the legislation — Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) participated in a conference call this afternoon, and was understandably outraged by the GOP tactics.

“It is very clear that the Republicans in the Senate want this economy to fail. They see that things are beginning to turn around…. In cynical political terms, it doesn’t serve them in terms of their election interests if things are beginning to turn around.”

She added that she’s “outraged about what has been happening,” and described the likely defeat today as “extremely serious.”

Of particular interest, Stabenow said Senate Republicans are “counting on the fact that no one knows what’s going on here.”

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/201 ... y-to-fail/

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds