Happy Veteran's Day!

11 Nov 2011 08:23 #1 by FredHayek
Thanks for serving, even those who had no choice in the matter!
:wave:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Nov 2011 08:31 #2 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Happy Veteran's Day!
:like: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: thank you!

11 Nov 2011 11:41 #3 by unlimited
Replied by unlimited on topic Happy Veteran's Day!
In remembrance of those who served before, and to honor those serving now, my heartfelt thanks.

11 Nov 2011 12:11 #4 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Nov 2011 17:26 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Happy Veteran's Day!
Thank you all and here is a shout out to by brother he was in the gulf war.

11 Nov 2011 19:35 #6 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Happy Veteran's Day!
I had never thought of this before I saw it posted elsewhere today:

Someone mentioned those serving now are not veterans. They aren't veterans until they finish their first tour of duty.

In any case, a hearty "Thank You" to all the men and women service in our military this Veteran's Day.

11 Nov 2011 22:31 #7 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Happy Veteran's Day!

Conservation Voice wrote: I had never thought of this before I saw it posted elsewhere today:

Someone mentioned those serving now are not veterans. They aren't veterans until they finish their first tour of duty.

In any case, a hearty "Thank You" to all the men and women service in our military this Veteran's Day.

As a Veteran, I disagree with this statement. Going by your statement or who ever said is wrong. So those that serve in the National Guard, Reserves, etc are not Veterans. You can go tell whoever gave this BS information, they can come talk to me, I will be more than happy to enlighten them. You can also ask them the definition of Veteran, and also ask them what is considered their first tour of duty. Those serving today are Veterans. Period. We honor them along with Veterans who are no longer serving.

11 Nov 2011 23:52 #8 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Happy Veteran's Day!

navycpo7 wrote:

Conservation Voice wrote: I had never thought of this before I saw it posted elsewhere today:

As a Veteran, I disagree with this statement. Going by your statement or who ever said is wrong. So those that serve in the National Guard, Reserves, etc are not Veterans. You can go tell whoever gave this BS information, they can come talk to me, I will be more thhan happy to enlighten them. You can also ask them the definition of Veteran, and also ask them what is considered their first tour of duty. Those serving today are Veterans. Period. We honor them along with Veterans who are no longer serving.

Wow, talk about a hair splitting exercise. From my perspective, any one who has served is a veteran. Those on active duty are on active duty. I would not call them veterans, I would call them warriors.

12 Nov 2011 08:03 #9 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Happy Veteran's Day!
Paying tribute to America's veterans, Presidential hopeful Herman Cain teams up with highly decorated Colonel Michael Steele to offer a powerful and moving message to the men, women, and families of our armed services.

Colonel Steele was the company commander of the Third Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment, during Operation Gothic Serpent, the basis for the book and subsequent movie, "Blackhawk Down."

[youtube:3rcvoyp8]
[/youtube:3rcvoyp8]

12 Nov 2011 08:11 #10 by Reverend Revelant

Did anyone here think that CV was going to say anything nice about our military without some "but" qualification. It would have been better if he has just said nothing.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds