Looking for a video of police dispersing Tea Party?

20 Nov 2011 20:10 #11 by Boneyard

Conservation Voice wrote:

Boneyard wrote:

Conservation Voice wrote: It seems like shouting out your opponent is all the rage now...]

You actually are equating a CNN talking head with a first responder?

You're as dumb as you look. How did you get "first responder" out of my quote?

Thread is about "Looking for a video of police dispersing Tea Party" You post some bullsh** video of a group shouting down a CNN talking head. Who's the dumb one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2011 20:58 #12 by Boneyard

Conservation Voice wrote:

Just too hard for your little liberal mind to comprehend somebody living in an open carry state exhibiting excellent trigger control?

21 Nov 2011 09:06 - 21 Nov 2011 09:15 #13 by Wayne Harrison
I have a great idea:

EVERYBODY should bring guns to politically-charged rallies.

What could possibly go wrong?

21 Nov 2011 09:07 #14 by Pony Soldier
It might end up looking like your avatar...

21 Nov 2011 09:15 - 21 Nov 2011 09:27 #15 by The Boss

Soulshiner wrote:

posteryoyo wrote: Also wondering if a protester paid the police to spray...good press.

I am wondering if you have any proof, evidence or anything of substance that gave you that idea. Or was that just thrown out there to try and discredit the protesters? I think making statements like that with no evidence adds nothing but a dishonest slant to the conversation.

I am not trying to discredit anyone. I have no proof, nor did I say I did, I was wondering ( I was just considering an option). If I was part of that movement, I would have thought of that pretty quick. That's old school strategy, aka smart. Have you seen the amount of press? I suggest you put taunting or bribing your opponent into doing something that hurts them into your bag of tricks. This is like the simplest hand of poker.

It is also not unreasonable to think that a citizen that would walk up upon orders of their boss and pepper spray a bunch of students who were sitting and unarmed...would be capable of taking a bribe. It is also not unreasonable to consider that the boss could be bribed, or influenced, or tricked or whatever. Those cops knew this was wrong, they did not spray cause it was the right thing to do, they sprayed to feed their kids.

All strategy. They will not accomplish anything by just waving banners. If they did not taunt it, they should have, not that I think they should, their goal dictates they should.

Kind of interesting how the system works the same on both sides. A few citizens complain or do something wrong and we can quickly get a law for 10,000 or 1,000,000 people overnight, less rights based on the actions of a few isolated people. Same for the police. Not only in CA (where they are already holding meetings on how to restrict the police all be it a very little), all police all over the country are living a new game. Just imagine how all the protests would go tomorrow if one protester sprayed a group of police not backing up with pepper spray. Do you really think no cop has thought of or infiltrated the crowd to make them look bad?

It's just a big competition, the police have now put themselves in the ways as the bad guys. They have done the real opponent a favor, and distracted the army.

Also interesting. The police that sprayed are getting neutered right now. So you are now a cop with 2 kids and wife to feed and your commander tells you to go spray your fellow unarmed and nonthreatening citizens...are you gonna do it? A week ago you would have done it to keep your job, now you might not do it to keep your job.

21 Nov 2011 09:19 - 21 Nov 2011 09:26 #16 by Wayne Harrison

towermonkey wrote: It might end up looking like your avatar...

ooooooh. great idea!

21 Nov 2011 09:24 #17 by The Boss

Conservation Voice wrote: I have a great idea:

EVERYBODY should bring guns to politically-charged rallies.

What could possibly go wrong?

Using TX gun logic, which often does work, the police are less likely to use violent force on a group thought to be armed. If the 99ers put out a few more videos of them target shooting, they might get sprayed less.

Guns are no big deal, socially active people don't shoot people, thugs do.

So if pepper spray on peaceful protesters is considered excessive force in the end. Do you have a right to defend against excessive force. So for example if I were a protester at a future protest and an officer was coming at me with pepper spray (while shaking it, smiling and stroking his mustache), would that give someone the right to defend against this action or are you obligated by law to suffer through it and look for retribution afterwords?

21 Nov 2011 09:26 #18 by Pony Soldier
Good question. I would have fought the cop which would have made for bad publicity for my side. good thing I wasn't there...

21 Nov 2011 09:30 #19 by The Boss
There are those that have and then are dragged way bloodied or just cuffed by police. I think most of those pics helped the 99ers too. Point being that if they are not hurting anyone (and being smelly in a park or slowing a commute is not hurting anyone), there is nothing the police can do that will look good except keep the peace within protests.

I honestly do not understand why police keep showing up at these rallies, just seems to make for trouble. The protesters do not seem to have a lot of violent infighting and would likely self police that pretty quick.

I am picturing two crowds, one a typical US bar at 11:30 pm on friday and the other a OWS rally with 10x the number of people. A brawl between two 30 year olds breaks out in both crowds....which one is stopped first without the help of police and which one has police on site?

21 Nov 2011 12:07 #20 by Soulshiner

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds