Barack Obama: The great jobs killer

05 Jul 2010 21:04 #1 by Blazer Bob
As former President Ronald Reagan might have said, "Obama, there you go again."

The current occupant of the White House claims to know how to create jobs. He claims jobs have been created. But so far the score is Great Obama Depression 2.2 million lost jobs, Obama 0 -- a blowout.

Most Popular Stories

Barack Obama: The great jobs killer
The Fourth of July
Reid's words of infamy
Failed government promise? Who could have guessed?
Thomas strikes blow for original 14th Amendment
A sure-fire way to get us back to work
It's in the job description
The reason kids are getting fat
Where there's smoke ...
Shining a light on future power rate increases

"Obama is as hopeless, helpless, clueless and bankrupt of good ideas as the manager of the Chicago Cubs in late September. This "community organizer" knows as much about private-sector jobs as Pamela Anderson knows about nuclear physics.

It's time to call Obama what he is: The Great Jobs Killer. With his massive spending and tax hikes -- rewarding big government and big unions, while punishing taxpayers and business owners -- Obama has killed jobs, he has killed motivation to create new jobs, he has killed the motivation to invest in new businesses, or expand old ones. With all this killing, Obama should be given the top spot on the FBI's Most Wanted List."

http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/barack-obam ... 58294.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jul 2010 22:04 #2 by Residenttroll returns
Come on Obama is putting people to work. I know he is because there are big fat orange signs all across the Denver area that say so.

"Putting America to Work" ....probably would be more accurate "Putting America into Hock"

06 Jul 2010 14:12 #3 by RCCL
Oh, c'mon now guys... We all know this is an inheritance from the Bush days, right?

I mean... it's not like the current President can be blamed right now for what's going on. We're at least a President or two behind now. Let's see how Obama's policies really affect us in five or ten years before we start passing out damning things like this! :wink:

That is... if we haven't dissolved the Union in ten years... With the deficit and all, and how fast it was growing (for you "It's Bush's fault"-ers) and is currently growing, and how it *will* grow (And this one is directly Mr. Obama's fault), it might end up being our best option at some point!

In all seriousness, though, this will only get worse. I tried a long time ago to post on PC a report by a Spanish University on how each "clean-energy" job cost 2.1 regular jobs in the same industry, and didn't get a huge response at the time. Now, with all the talk of Spain and the good example they've set... and all the funding that's being put towards "being green", we'll be losing jobs all over the place again in no time!

06 Jul 2010 15:05 #4 by LOL
There is probably not anyone in the Obama Administration who has ever run a business or created jobs in the private sector, or dealt with all the mandates and taxes on small businesses passed on by the gov't.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

06 Jul 2010 21:48 #5 by FredHayek
Obama & Congress have saved a lot of goverment jobs, teachers, police, bureaucrats. And these Feds make more than private employees. So less people are employed, but those working for the Feds are making bg bucks!
And wait until next year when capital gains taxes increase. Want to build a new McDonalds and hire people? Obama gets 30% off the top! Double dip recession anyone?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Jul 2010 11:36 #6 by pineinthegrass

SS109 wrote: Obama & Congress have saved a lot of goverment jobs, teachers, police, bureaucrats. And these Feds make more than private employees. So less people are employed, but those working for the Feds are making bg bucks!
And wait until next year when capital gains taxes increase. Want to build a new McDonalds and hire people? Obama gets 30% off the top! Double dip recession anyone?

Sorry if I'm nitpicking, but I don't see how raising capital gains tax would effect building a McDonalds and hiring people. Yeah, if you sell it and make a profit you'd pay more tax on the profit (assuming you make over $200,000). I guess you could argue that extra tax would make it tougher to use your profits to buy something else, though. And the highest increase proposal I can recall would be from the current 15% to 28% which is the same it was under Reagan. But it might go back to 20% where it was at the end of the Clinton administration. I don't think we know yet, unless I've missed something...

07 Jul 2010 13:30 #7 by FredHayek
We don't know yet about the capital gains tax, but I have heard as high as 33%.

And if you do take your capital gains out next year to invest in a new business, you will have 15 percent less to use. 15% of your gains would be a powerful incentive to not realize capitals gain and hope the rate declines in 2012.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds