Gold dropping

15 Dec 2011 22:12 #21 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Gold dropping

otisptoadwater wrote: So seeing gold prices drop is perplexing but what is more perplexing to me is that platinum has been consistently worth less than gold for the last three months or more. Is now a good time to buy up platinum on the prospect that platinum will eventually be worth more than gold again? I have to wonder how much the price of gold is influenced by over demand.

Great point. I think the gold could be all a big bubble, especially when it is higher than platinum, a scarcer metal. I do like silver because it has more industrial uses.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Dec 2011 07:27 #22 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Gold dropping
Gold and Silver Moves Down; Investors Cautious Approach after Fitch’s Downgrade Warning

http://crwenewsalert.com/7055/commoditi ... um=twitter

Rating agency Fitch gave out warning that there is a possibility downgrading France along with six more euro-zone countries as according to Fitch politically and technically complete solution related to the financial crisis is not accessible.

18 Jan 2012 15:13 #23 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic Gold dropping

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Gold futures staged a comeback Wednesday, ending the day at a five-week high and extending their gains to a second session. Gold for February delivery ended $4.30 higher, or 0.3%, at $1,659.90 an ounce on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gold-back-five-week-high-190554199.html

18 Jan 2012 16:20 #24 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Gold dropping
I'm starting to wonder whether or not there's actually physical gold to back the GLD shares.

In theory - 10 shares of GLD = an ounce of real gold.

Is there really real gold, somewhere --- or is it just a shell game?

18 Jan 2012 17:48 #25 by plaidvillain
Replied by plaidvillain on topic Gold dropping
Gold's the next bubble to burst and is already grossly inflated by being tied to gold coinage with additional "historic" value that isn't really there.

Think you should've listened to Beck 5 years ago?...look deeper into the company paying him to sell the gold idea...then ask why he's being paid cash.

18 Jan 2012 18:26 #26 by Reverend Revelant
Replied by Reverend Revelant on topic Gold dropping

plaidvillain wrote: Gold's the next bubble to burst and is already grossly inflated by being tied to gold coinage with additional "historic" value that isn't really there.

Think you should've listened to Beck 5 years ago?...look deeper into the company paying him to sell the gold idea...then ask why he's being paid cash.

Since when is the whole gold market tied to gold coinage? Link?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

18 Jan 2012 21:49 #27 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Gold dropping
No link but one of beck's advertisers gold line would try to convince customers with fear tactics that us gold coins and bullion would be confiscated like Fdr did, "but they wont be allowed to confiscate foreign gold coinage" so pay us a premium for rare euro gold coins.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Jan 2012 22:01 #28 by Reverend Revelant
Replied by Reverend Revelant on topic Gold dropping

FredHayek wrote: No link but one of beck's advertisers gold line would try to convince customers with fear tactics that us gold coins and bullion would be confiscated like Fdr did, "but they wont be allowed to confiscate foreign gold coinage" so pay us a premium for rare euro gold coins.

That still doesn't make the whole gold market tied to gold coins. Period. There is more than enough gold in bullion form. The amount of existing gold coinage, US and foreign, is no where near the total troy ounces of privately held bullion. Someone been feeding you bulls**t... and you've evidently believed it. This ain't Goldine's fault... it the customer for being so stupid.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

18 Jan 2012 22:07 #29 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Gold dropping

FredHayek wrote: No link but one of beck's advertisers gold line would try to convince customers with fear tactics that us gold coins and bullion would be confiscated like Fdr did, "but they wont be allowed to confiscate foreign gold coinage" so pay us a premium for rare euro gold coins.

With months of Obama at the helm left I wouldn't be surprised if an executive order were issued to confiscating precious metals, gems, and anything else worth owning. Fire up the printing presses at the Treasury, we got 1.2 Trillion to print!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

19 Jan 2012 05:44 #30 by znovkovic
Replied by znovkovic on topic Gold dropping

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

That still doesn't make the whole gold market tied to gold coins. Period. There is more than enough gold in bullion form. The amount of existing gold coinage, US and foreign, is no where near the total troy ounces of privately held bullion. Someone been feeding you bulls**t... and you've evidently believed it. This ain't Goldine's fault... it the customer for being so stupid.

ahhh the good ole' mineral scare tactic. the boleo mine in baja (mexico) has vast amounts of cobalt and copper? maybe beck can run the scare bs down there in english.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds