Gold dropping

15 Dec 2011 06:24 #1 by LOL
Gold dropping was created by LOL
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gold-may- ... 3QD;_ylv=3

Price of Gold is dropping sharply on the strong dollar. Down 18% from peak, and yesterday broke the 200 day MA, which is usually a bad sign. Looks like the up trend may be broken? Or it could be a good entry point, hard to tell. Any gold traders out there? I have a little GLD, trying to decide if I should dump it or buy more. Maybe I'll flip a gold coin. :) LOL

Gold may extend a rout into a fourth straight day as a rally in the dollar erodes demand for the metal as an alternative investment, raising the prospect that the commodity may tumble into a bear market.

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=GLD&t=1y&q=b&l=on&z=l&a=v&p=m200&lang=en-US&region=US

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2011 09:40 #2 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Gold dropping
I have tried to catch many falling knifes in my day but usually just end up bloody.

15 Dec 2011 10:00 #3 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Gold dropping

Joe wrote: may be broken? Or it could be a good entry point, hard to tell. Any gold traders out there? I have a little GLD, trying to decide if I should dump it or buy more. Maybe I'll flip a gold coin. :) LOL

Sell puts?

15 Dec 2011 10:06 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Gold dropping
Dump it.

15 Dec 2011 10:15 #5 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Gold dropping
Haha! I don't do options anymore Neptune, I'm just slowly building up my IRA again. Not doing anything today, rather wait until the dust settles! I never really liked gold much, but with the way governments are running deficits and printing money, it may be good to have a small position of 5-10% or so.

I think the weak Euro is the story, not so much a strong dollar. I can't think of any good investments right now.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

15 Dec 2011 10:44 #6 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic Gold dropping
Don't sell.

This is temporary.

Gold will go up next year and hit new highs.

15 Dec 2011 10:52 #7 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Gold dropping
best advice? don't take investing advice from posters on a message board

15 Dec 2011 10:55 #8 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Gold dropping

archer wrote: best advice? don't take investing advice from posters on a message board

Why not? "Experts" were telling people to buy, buy, buy right up to the last stock market crash.

I doubt that random nitwits on a message board would do much worse. :wink:

15 Dec 2011 10:55 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Gold dropping
Even with inflation eroding my cash about 8% per year, is still seems smarter than gold of going back into the market.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Dec 2011 10:57 #10 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Gold dropping

AspenValley wrote:

archer wrote: best advice? don't take investing advice from posters on a message board

Why not? "Experts" were telling people to buy, buy, buy right up to the last stock market crash.

I doubt that random nitwits on a message board would do much worse. :wink:

The experts may be able to see a little more into the haze of the crystal ball future, but sometimes they get caught up in the madness. I knew a decade ago housing was getting too expensive considering wages were stagnant, especially in those hotspots like Florida where homes were doubling in price in five years.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds