Jeb Bush

20 Dec 2011 09:14 #11 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Jeb Bush

chickaree wrote: I don't like dynastic political families. To many "connections" concreted into the mix. I'm done with the Kennedys, the Clintons and yes, the Bushes.

But Americans seem to like the idea. Hilary Clinton is now being talked about as a replacement for President Obama.

Maybe it is like eating at a chain restaurant, you think you know what you will be getting. Or maybe people think dynasties will be more stable.
And I think there is some truth there, "W" rehired a lot of the people who had worked under his father. Obama hired some Clintonistas but probably not enough who had experience running a successful administration.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2011 09:25 #12 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic Jeb Bush
You're just perpetuating the bad. What we need is fresh thinking, not a retread of the same ol stuff that put us in this hole.

20 Dec 2011 12:42 #13 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Replied by Wily Fox aka Angela on topic Jeb Bush
Rachel did a story on this last night that predicted that Jeb may just run on a new party ticket [Americans Elect] that is rapidly filing in all 50 states to be on the ballot next year. There is a robopoll going on in NH right now that asks the question about matchups
Obama-Gingrich, Obama-Romney, Obama-J. Bush. No one is taking credit for the poll.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp ... 3#45731723

20 Dec 2011 12:53 #14 by FredHayek

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: Rachel did a story on this last night that predicted that Jeb may just run on a new party ticket [Americans Elect] that is rapidly filing in all 50 states to be on the ballot next year. There is a robopoll going on in NH right now that asks the question about matchups
Obama-Gingrich, Obama-Romney, Obama-J. Bush. No one is taking credit for the poll.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp ... 3#45731723

If true, that would guarantee Obama a second term. Don Maes Redux?

20 Dec 2011 12:59 #15 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I don't know. I think most republicans voters and tea partiers are not too enthused about what the GOP has to offer. They could all go over to the new party

22 Dec 2011 16:50 #16 by Silent Lucidity
Replied by Silent Lucidity on topic Jeb Bush
Wasn't Jeb at the helm in Florida when votes weren't properly counted thus handing the election to his brother? My how memories are short.

22 Dec 2011 17:38 #17 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Jeb Bush
Why, yes... What a coincidence THAT was...

22 Dec 2011 20:15 #18 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Jeb Bush
Corporate tool A, B, or C. Take your pick who you want to fly around and lie to us. The only one not lying is Paul and everyone considers him the crazy uncle.

26 Dec 2011 13:58 #19 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I don't blame Jeb for the voting screw up. That could happen anywhere. I do blame The Supreme Court for stepping in and picking our president, however.

26 Dec 2011 16:26 #20 by FredHayek

Silent Lucidity wrote: Wasn't Jeb at the helm in Florida when votes weren't properly counted thus handing the election to his brother? My how memories are short.

It is usually the Secy of State not the Governor who does the vote tallying, so I wouldnt blame Jeb. But Bush does seem to look better than most of the current GOP choices running.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds